Andre Green to Slovan Bratislava

Sometimes a bid comes in for a player that makes good business sense? Wages off the bill transfer fee received ? With maybe someone lined up on a free and less wages that YOU think will offer more output ? Be judged by his decision that’s wot managers do

Guest Kagoshimaowl
27 minutes ago, dowls said:

He played the two opening games .. funny not rating the lad? Clearly Moore wanted to give him the chance to step up whilst at the same time putting him in the transfer window.

I agree it’s a great bit of business and one which will help us a achieve self sufficiency. 
Pick a talented player try and turn him around or take a fee (hopefully with a sell on clause) and cash in! 

He only played because we didn’t have a choice. The only fit wingers at the start of the season were Shodipo and Green. Then Shodipo got injured and Corbeanu was ill which prolonged his stay in the team.

For whatever reason, Green hasn't hit the heights so many predicted when he started out at Villa. He's only played a handful of games for all the clubs he's represented, bar Villa. But 40 appearances in 4 seasons isn't particularly good reading.

Like most fans I was hoping we'd nature his talent and get him back to the kind of form that saw PL teams looking at him during Villa's relelgation season, but that wasn't to be. Whether Moore has pushed or Green jumped, he's 23 and can still carve out a good career.

Good luck Andre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dowls said:

He played the two opening games .. funny not rating the lad? Clearly Moore wanted to give him the chance to step up whilst at the same time putting him in the transfer window.

I agree it’s a great bit of business and one which will help us a achieve self sufficiency. 
Pick a talented player try and turn him around or take a fee (hopefully with a sell on clause) and cash in! 

As others are saying, this is what good management looks like. Moore - like coaches & fans elsewhere - see the potential Green clearly has.Andre had a full pre-season to prep & plenty of game time, but he looked merely tidy in possession rather than a worry to defenders or clinical with chances or assists. To get a fee is good business (sell on clause as well would be amazing).I wish Andre well & that he grasps this new opportunity.Meanwhile - look forward to seeing Adeniran box to box, Corbeanu & Hunt surging up & down the right.Hats off to the Manager...never dissed the player but quietly moved him now he's seen some of the other options he has.

• Like 2

Shodipo, Sow, Windass and Corbeanu haven’t featured at all yet. If Moore’s decided Green isn’t going to get ahead of them when they’re available, then there’s no point carrying a wage when we have the chance to bring in a few quid for someone we signed on a free earlier this year. Absolutely loving this common sense approach to football at the moment, it’s been well overdue and long may it continue!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Seen a few rumours around Twitter & instagram that we got 750k for him.

Which if true is a stunning bit of business, if that's true mind

I'd expectef £300k +. If that upper figure is close to being correct then whatever happens with his future career then its cracking business.  Got him for zip then flip a three quarters of a million profit in a few months. Tidy.

16 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Transfermarkt site has his value at £750k, I know it’s not official but it would be interesting to know how much we got for him.   

45 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Seen a few rumours around Twitter & instagram that we got 750k for him.

Which if true is a stunning bit of business, if that's true mind

I posted the above on here yesterday, hopefully people on Twitter aren’t taking my word as gospel, again. 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

I posted the above on here yesterday, hopefully people on Twitter aren’t taking my word as gospel, again. 

I mean it's always possible they've looked on transfermarkt and got the value and fee columns confused. 🤣