LEWIS GIBSON

2 minutes ago, Random Task said:

Year left on his deal… I wonder if Everton would take a 25% sell on clause and free transfer now rather than nothing at the end of his contract

He is 21. If they offer him a contract he won't leave for nothing 

6 minutes ago, Random Task said:

Year left on his deal… I wonder if Everton would take a 25% sell on clause and free transfer now rather than nothing at the end of his contract

If they don’t think he will cut it, we may be able to get him on a free but maybe a bigger sell on clause like a third or 40%. 

1 minute ago, No Uniform said:

He is 21. If they offer him a contract he won't leave for nothing 

They very well might not want to risk him staying on his current deal. They beat Spurs to sign him from Newcastle to do so they might have needed to offer him a competitive wage

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The rumour is that Everton fans say he reminds them of Mick Lyons.

I should know, I started the rumour.

Mick is 69 years old and suffers from arthritis.

Sounds perfect. 

Never heard of him, same as most of our signings to be honest.

expectations for this season are rising for what I’m reading on here, which kind of worries me.

but I’m behind dm and his selections.

nice to have a managers team and not an advisors

4 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Over 46 games they’ll be injuries and suspensions moore is quite rightly making sure he covered all the bases ? So no doubt he’ll be involved enough over the season if it’s him we get 

We've also got a number of cup games to fit in us being in the Pizza Cup.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Somebody said the other day that as Kamberi is an international loan that it doesn’t count towards the 5 in the match day squad. Sounds like rodruns to me but I honestly don’t know.

5 hours ago, camffiti said:

I've always though Palmer is a little underrated by our fanbase 

We have signed a lot of players in his positions though 

The problem with Palmer is that hes at best a solid and unspectacular RB, whos asked more often than not to play a wingback type role.

Wingbacks nowadays need to be end to end fast, able to defend, able to beat a man, and they need to offer and provide a level of threat and assists. 

While Palmer is usually okay at defending, hes not super fast, his positioning can be suss at times and he provides little to no threat or assists across a season. If we play this season with a flat back 4 with minimal overlapping from the back, Palmer is fine by me. If we play with overlapping wingbacks though, as many expect, Palmer either needs to up his game or move over. 

Good squad player, but not really a first choice wingback for me at least. Hope he proves me.wrong, but dont fancy more than 2 assists from him tops this year.