LEWIS GIBSON

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

A left footed centre-back who could also play left-back and our squad would be almost perfectly balanced. Been a while since we could say that.

If we could just replace Green with Sims and Paterson for another striker then I don't think we could have asked for a better transfer window.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Signed according to Wikipedia.

lol

Yep wiki confirms it, someone has been a cheeky monkey… 

“Lewis Jack Gibson (born 19 July 2000) is an English professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Sheffield Wednesday . The signing was confirmed by att chansiri on Instagram.”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

If we could just replace Green with Sims and Paterson for another striker then I don't think we could have asked for a better transfer window.

Ye, everyone is saying that on here. I think green and Pato are surplus to

our requirements.

16 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

our requirements.

I'm not convinced by him as a centre forward, so I'm not sure how Paterson fits into a 3-4-3, and there's probably better options in a 4-3-3 (although he had some decent games in midfield in the middle of last season).

However, if we're planning on playing 4-2-3-1 most of the time, which I think we are, then Paterson might still be a decent shout for the central attacking midfielder. Wing is the alternative for that position (although he kept drifting deeper against Hudds) and not sure if Kambari can play in a deeper role.

There are also our various wide midfield players, or Byers could play there - but Paterson would probably bring more goals than any of those players. He seems quite good arriving late into the box and if the CB's are distracted by Gregory or Kambari as the main striker, they probably won't fancy Paterson trampling all over their holding midfielder and arriving late into the box.

I think Patterson still has a role to play I’ll admit he’s falling down the pecking order 

I’ve seen and I’ve said it before nothing from green granted he’s been a stop start since arriving but my gut says he will be down the pecking order and I’d gladly welcome Sims and see him go out or play 3rd choice 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Gibson, Brown, Johnson & Hunt 

Is Palmer off to the Championship? 

Nope he’s mr Wednesday and is a very very competent player 

he will make 25 appearances plus still I think and is ahead of brown for left back imo 

46 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

our requirements.

Not convinced by Green (yet) but Paterson will bring something to the squad this season for sure. The good thing is we now seem to have options!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Like to see Green being given more opportunities, there is a player in there somewhere. 

There is, or maybe 'was'. He's not shown much here so far but he was touted as a top prospect at one stage. He might be a player who needs to sort his head out if he wants to become a real player rather than a prospect.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

There is, or maybe 'was'. He's not shown much here so far but he was touted as a top prospect at one stage. He might be a player who needs to sort his head out if he wants to become a real player rather than a prospect.

Agree the world is their oyster but to many don't seem to want to grab it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Nope he’s mr Wednesday and is a very very competent player 

he will make 25 appearances plus still I think and is ahead of brown for left back imo 

I've always though Palmer is a little underrated by our fanbase 

We have signed a lot of players in his positions though 

• Like 1