He really talks the talk

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Went to the evenng with Darren Moore last night, great interview by Rob Staton.

Its the first time Ive seen Moore in action, rather than just a few post match sound bites. 

He comes across as completely genuine, knows his stuff, and you can really imagine players wanting to give their all for him. Ive seen a few WBA fans say he was all Plan A - and if that wasn't working he didnt have something to fall back on - and that may be true as we haven't really seen enough of him to know any different. But given his performance last night, I'm fully behind him and really hope he can succeed with us this season.

Hes done incredibly well in a transfer window where hes been limited to freebies and loans. He did point to the standard in Div One being higher than its ever been - and that might hamper any chances we have of challenging next year. Personally I'd be absolutely delighted with mid-table - given the absolute mess we were just a few short weeks ago.

So. As soon as we are allowed, I'll be buying a ticket. To support Darren Moore and the team of lads hes put together against the odds.

Chairman can still FO

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Its the first time Ive seen Moore in action, rather than just a few post match sound bites. 

He comes across as completely genuine, knows his stuff, and you can really imagine players wanting to give their all for him. Ive seen a few WBA fans say he was all Plan A - and if that wasn't working he didnt have something to fall back on - and that may be true as we haven't really seen enough of him to know any different. But given his performance last night, I'm fully behind him and really hope he can succeed with us this season.

Hes done incredibly well in a transfer window where hes been limited to freebies and loans. He did point to the standard in Div One being higher than its ever been - and that might hamper any chances we have of challenging next year. Personally I'd be absolutely delighted with mid-table - given the absolute mess we were just a few short weeks ago.

So. As soon as we are allowed, I'll be buying a ticket. To support Darren Moore and the team of lads hes put together against the odds.

Chairman can still FO

Mid table after all these new players? Surely the play offs. This is League 1. He is clearly brilliant off the field and was at Albion.

• Like 1

As long as the Plan A is a good one I don't mind him being all Plan A (although I did think we beat Barnsley last year playing with Plan B).

Man City are all Plan A and it doesn't do them much harm until you get right down to the final stages of the Champions League.

• Like 1

To be happy with mid table shows a complete lack of ambition you can tell by the players that have come in and people like bannan staying we have better aspirations than that top two must be the ambitions and the satisfactory level playoffs anything else is a failure in my eyes agree with rest I think we’ve got a great man in charge now 

• Like 3

This is a terrible tempting of fate, but I shall be disappointed with midtable.

I think it's realistic to hope for a season like 2015-16. A mixed early picture, with promise and teething troubles. Slow improvement. Laid up a bit behind the top six for Christmas, and then enough quality in the squad to see us kick on. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

To be happy with mid table shows a complete lack of ambition you can tell by the players that have come in and people like bannan staying we have better aspirations than that top two must be the ambitions and the satisfactory level playoffs anything else is a failure in my eyes agree with rest I think we’ve got a great man in charge now 

Easier said than done though obtaining a top 2 spot when about 80% of the team is new, big teams in this league are well established and still struggle to get the sort of result

• Like 2

Chairman can still FO

Absolutely delighted with mid table , really?

I might have said that a month ago but since then we seem to have done some decent business and I expect a play off push , might get off to a slow start but surely the squad we've assembled can do better than mid table.

• Like 1

People need to keep level heads and realise we all said the same about weeing League One the last 2 times we've been down here and look at how that worked out, especially when we were in less of a mess coming down than this time. 

So many new signings (who look of good calibre) is great but patience really is a virtue. Top 10 would be perfectly acceptable first season down IMO whilst they gel, any higher is great and a bonus.

Moore is looking a shrewd appointment, looks like we're in good hands. 

• Like 3

Chairman can still FO

are you going to Charlton 

42 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Easier said than done though obtaining a top 2 spot when about 80% of the team is new, big teams in this league are well established and still struggle to get the sort of result

Not saying it’s going to be easy I’m just saying ambition is about aiming settling for mid table shows a complete lack of it and the recruitment we’ve made shows we are being ambitious and you’d like to think the players believe this too 

• Like 1