He really talks the talk

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Not saying it’s going to be easy I’m just saying ambition is about aiming settling for mid table shows a complete lack of it and the recruitment we’ve made shows we are being ambitious and you’d like to think the players believe this too 

Yea true the players will be going for maximum points and automatic promotion for sure. Every fan wants promotion but some are patient to it and have low expectations, 

same as the ones saying we will win it will moan and call for Moore’s head if we finish 10th they expect to much to soon but again we all want promotion 

45 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Not saying it’s going to be easy I’m just saying ambition is about aiming settling for mid table shows a complete lack of it and the recruitment we’ve made shows we are being ambitious and you’d like to think the players believe this too 

There is a big difference between ambition/aim and realistic expectation.

I think we all expect Wednesday to go out to win every game. Achieving that would give us top spot, but is that realistic? You might argue that top two is realistic; I suspect that most fans would look at the upheaval over the summer and the arrival of freebies and loans (no matter how much we’ve built them up) and think top two, or even top six, is too much to expect. We haven’t brought in these players to finish mid table, (the same can be said for most of the teams in the league) and we still want the team to go out for a win every game, but we shouldn’t put unnecessary pressure on the team to deliver unrealistic results week after week after week. And whilst we might be disappointed if we finish mid table, we shouldn’t regard it as abject failure.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

Went to the evenng with Darren Moore last night, great interview by Rob Staton.

Its the first time Ive seen Moore in action, rather than just a few post match sound bites. 

He comes across as completely genuine, knows his stuff, and you can really imagine players wanting to give their all for him. Ive seen a few WBA fans say he was all Plan A - and if that wasn't working he didnt have something to fall back on - and that may be true as we haven't really seen enough of him to know any different. But given his performance last night, I'm fully behind him and really hope he can succeed with us this season.

Hes done incredibly well in a transfer window where hes been limited to freebies and loans. He did point to the standard in Div One being higher than its ever been - and that might hamper any chances we have of challenging next year. Personally I'd be absolutely delighted with mid-table - given the absolute mess we were just a few short weeks ago.

So. As soon as we are allowed, I'll be buying a ticket. To support Darren Moore and the team of lads hes put together against the odds.

Chairman can still FO

I was there too, great night. DM is a top bloke and reckon he’s the man for the job. He’s very committed and here to do a job. Onwards and upwards 

I’ve never felt so disconnected to the club I love due to the owner.

Moore is like a breath of fresh air, he’s someone we can all get behind and help connect the players and fans.

The manager and this set of players get my backing, anything above that will never get my respect.

I hope we smash it this season, for us, Moore and the squad he’s put together

• Like 2

I don't wish for us to be in the Third Division any longer than is necessary,like thousands of others I've been there before and I don't like it.  I believe Darren Moore has assembled a squad that should be capable of competing for a play off place at least this season. We cannot afford to amble along to mediocrity because heads will go down which we don't want to happen.

Darren Moore has brought a sense of renewal and belief that just might give us some hope for the future so let's get behind him in a massive way.

We are the Mighty Sheffield Wednesday

Nowt else matters

WAWAW

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

There is a big difference between ambition/aim and realistic expectation.

I think we all expect Wednesday to go out to win every game. Achieving that would give us top spot, but is that realistic? You might argue that top two is realistic; I suspect that most fans would look at the upheaval over the summer and the arrival of freebies and loans (no matter how much we’ve built them up) and think top two, or even top six, is too much to expect. We haven’t brought in these players to finish mid table, (the same can be said for most of the teams in the league) and we still want the team to go out for a win every game, but we shouldn’t put unnecessary pressure on the team to deliver unrealistic results week after week after week. And whilst we might be disappointed if we finish mid table, we shouldn’t regard it as abject failure.

I actually stopped reading at the third line I don’t think anybody expects us to go out and win every game and that’s where we differ 

out ambition is to go out and win every game but to expect it is unrealistic 

our ambition should be to go for automatic promotion and we should accept no less than playoffs anything below would he deemed as a failure 

I’m pretty sure everyone in club are setting targets like that too

nobody will sa y let’s go for automatics but we’re ok with mid table that’s not ambition that’s a losers mentality and this is competitive 

obviously people will talk down as that will manage fans expectations and reduce the pressure from fans if we are falling short 

but promotion is and I 100% believe is the objective 

some people are too happy to settle for mediocrity it’s not good enough 

championship then build 

2 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Was Dennis there?

No he was out riding through the glen........

........well on 5 days out of 7.......

.........if it's a good day.........

.....with the wind behind him!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I actually stopped reading at the third line I don’t think anybody expects us to go out and win every game and that’s where we differ 

out ambition is to go out and win every game but to expect it is unrealistic 

our ambition should be to go for automatic promotion and we should accept no less than playoffs anything below would he deemed as a failure 

I’m pretty sure everyone in club are setting targets like that too

nobody will sa y let’s go for automatics but we’re ok with mid table that’s not ambition that’s a losers mentality and this is competitive 

obviously people will talk down as that will manage fans expectations and reduce the pressure from fans if we are falling short 

but promotion is and I 100% believe is the objective 

some people are too happy to settle for mediocrity it’s not good enough 

championship then build 

I stopped reading after your third line, went back and re-read my post and realised that you misread my post (unless you think it acceptable to go out to not win each and every game: very Monk-like).

To clarify: I believe we should GO OUT TO WIN each and every game (yes, there might be an occasional exception) but I do not expect us to win every game.

Ive ignored the rest of your post.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I stopped reading after your third line, went back and re-read my post and realised that you misread my post (unless you think it acceptable to go out to not win each and every game: very Monk-like).

To clarify: I believe we should GO OUT TO WIN each and every game (yes, there might be an occasional exception) but I do not expect us to win every game.

Ive ignored the rest of your post.

You can’t debate with with the inept 

have a good evening 

If we can be in the mix and challenging for a top 6 spot then I'll be delighted. We've had a turbulent 18 months and now a big overhaul of the squad so it might take a bit of time to find our groove.

As for the Plan A thing, it is always useful to be able to mix it up when required, but it would be great to see us develop a defined style of play.