The Wilderless Years

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

Jesus 

they’re so weird 

why are they always SO weird 

I’d say we suffer from being too cute and soft, camp looking owl logo, winning the fair play award while being relegated.

then youve got them - battle of brammal lane, and a bloody sword logo.

I like our club for its uniqueness but then I never understand 

I take it all back, fk em hope they end up in the 4th again 

Thats more like it !

I used to play in a golf society where the majority were blades ,it changed me from being indifferent to hatred of em .

Not to mention the "we hate wednesday" banners in the play off final and in town on their promotion parade which sort of gives an insight as to how much they hate Wednesday first 

• Like 1

Listening to Praise or Grumble yesterday it made me laugh the pigs fans all moaning about having a handful of injuries.

Funny how when we played them at their place a few years ago with our entire first team out injured, “injuries didn’t matter” but now they do.lol

• Thanks 1

I'm hopeful that Cooper being the Forest manager will see them through. 

Seems like the sort of manager who knows how to get the result. We will see. 

That late goal gives the scrotes a glimmer of hope, albeit I think they'll have a hard time stopping Forest from scoring. 

I was chatting to a group of Forest fans this morning.

They couldn't believe how many chances they created against United in that first half, and were cursing the fact that they didn't go in at half time with the tie all but over.

That late goal has rattled them - they remind me a lot of Wednesday fans, in that they can watch their team play the opponent off the park, and yet the fact they missed loads of chances seems to be telling them they're destined to f*ck it all up!

I get where they're coming from, but looking at it rationally, they surely have enough to beat United at the City Ground, where their form under Copper has been top notch.

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Sheffield United Kitty Fans' sounds like a euphemism for something horrible, doesn't it?

With only the last 3 letters being visible I just assumed that it said "Sheffield United - shitty fans" 

I think that Forest really needed to kill them. United have had that annoying knack of grinding out results since Heckingbottom came in and I think they could nick one and shut up shop at forest and make it scrappy. Hopefully not but it’s just got the feeling about it given how they should be buried but aren’t. They did this to forest last time.

Forest.

They’ve been here before.

Drew at Blackpool, got hammered at home.

Won 2-0 at Yeovil, lost 5-2 at home.

Were 3-1 up on aggregate at Bramall Lane and lost 4-2.

Drew 0-0 at home against a 10-man Swansea for well over an hour, got beat away.

I know plenty of their supporters and when it comes to play-offs they are never convinced that they’ve got it in the bag.

The current team are certainly good enough but if United score first on Tuesday, the City Ground will become a very nervy place. 

I still see Forest going through but it’s not going to be a formality.

22 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Forest.

They’ve been here before.

Drew at Blackpool, got hammered at home.

Won 2-0 at Yeovil, lost 5-2 at home.

Were 3-1 up on aggregate at Bramall Lane and lost 4-2.

Drew 0-0 at home against a 10-man Swansea for well over an hour, got beat away.

I know plenty of their supporters and when it comes to play-offs they are never convinced that they’ve got it in the bag.

The current team are certainly good enough but if United score first on Tuesday, the City Ground will become a very nervy place. 

I still see Forest going through but it’s not going to be a formality.

Bloody hell I was fairly confident until I'd seen their record. As bad as the pigs are in the play offs they do more often than not make the final. Have Forest ever got to a play off final?

Forest will 1000% score at home, maybe even twice. United will have to score twice, maybe three times away from home. United will have to open up at some point to get that goal to level the tie, and this will play into Forest's hands as they're devastating on the break. Think Notts win on the night anyway, they'll have too much for them. They're younger and more mobile and quicker around the park, blades look shot and their lack of pace in the back 3 rivals ours. Johnson, Surridge and Zinkernagel will run them ragged as they open up to equalise