The Wilderless Years

Just now, Taz said:

I almost want them to go up to put added pressure on us to get out this league 

we’re almost apathetic to being in this division - maybe them being in the premier league would give us a kick up the bum 

Nearly gave this a neg, as almost entirely disagree. However it’s true that the other club takes inspiration / motivation. Wilder says he used our premier league attempts to spur his team on. Anecdotally, I think it spurs pigs more than us. Rightly or wrongly our fans tend to be less parochial.

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

we’re almost apathetic to being in this division - maybe them being in the premier league would give us a kick up the bum 

Them being in the Prem and NOT repeating the mistakes made in the transfer market last time they were there could mean them being the dominant side in Sheffield for years to come.

Them getting promoted would be a disaster.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Them being in the Prem and NOT repeating the mistakes made in the transfer market last time they were there could mean them being the dominant side in Sheffield for years to come.

Them getting promoted would be a disaster.

Their success does not affect ours 

they’re just another team in the football pyramid 

they were in l1 forever with us in the championship and it didn’t make any difference to anything 

in fact they leapfrogged us 

5 minutes ago, Taz said:

they were in l1 forever with us in the championship and it didn’t make any difference to anything 

Politely disagree. I teach at a school that’s not strongly one team or another, but wealthy parents happy to take their kids where they want.

It may seem anathema to us but there’s a floating support who can be swayed to the better / more accessible team.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Taz said:

Nah, them being I'm the prem won't make us any better next season. We don't have the hate for them that they have for us, obviously we have hate, but theirs is off the scale. They hate Wednesday more than they love united I reckon. 

• Like 2

Sods law they would get a goal, its almost cast iron certainty.

However they've gotta get at Forest from the start, at a packed City Ground and how good Forest are on the counter, I wouldn't be surprised if they conceded an early goal putting the tie to bed early...here's hoping anyway.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

They leap frogged us, but then we didn’t have the finances a Premier League club gets which is entirely my point.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

If you stop thinking with your blue tinted specs, united, Leeds and Wednesday in the premier league would be amazing 

If Wednesday are in the Premier League I don’t care who else is where.

The rivalry in this city is historically extremely close though. The margins are quite fine, both in games themselves (usually) and the rivalry in general. In my time there’s never been a full division gap between the two and frankly I think it would be awful if they were in the PL while we’re stuck in L1.

• Like 6