Swansea target Barry Bannan…..

Considering what league we are in, Bannan's wages and age it makes sense to sell him if we are getting good offer for him. But whatever anyone's opinion on him is he is a player our squad is built around and must be adequately replaced if he goes. Expecting that George Byers could take over and be like for like replacement for Bannan would be silly.

There are players out there that are younger than him and that could take over his role in our starting 11, just hope that our scouting team can spot them.

43 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

If Bannan goes I for one will miss his 3 assists a season and one goal. I will also miss his 32858392 failed Hollywood passes. 

42 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bannan is a quality player, probably one of the best players in league one. However if a decent bid came in for him and we could use all the money to bring in new players I think selling him is something we would have to seriously consider. 

Mmmm,---------------------------- opinions.

• Like 1

So a team that reached last seasons Championship play off final see one of our players as an improvement for their team. We are in League 1 and some of our fans are delighted by the thought that he may be leaving. I bet their manager is one of those who doesn’t know as much about football as the gang of 4 on here.

lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

So a team that reached last seasons Championship play off final see one of our players as an improvement for their team. We are in League 1 and some of our fans are delighted by the thought that he may be leaving. I bet their manager is one of those who doesn’t know as much about football as the gang of 4 on here.

lol

I think I read that almost word for word from Boro forum when we raided them for Rhodes. Football fans eh, what do we/they know.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

lol

Every manager in our division and most in the one above would have Bannan if offered to them. I don't get some of the hate towards him. 

• Like 3

Was probably right in offering a contract extension because this is one I could see coming. Would free up big wages and likely to get around £5m for him.

That said, he only recently moved up to sheffield from Birmingham and has bought a house here, also has a young daughter and south wales isn’t exactly down the road. 

Fully expect other teams to come knocking. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

3 million and George Byers in exchange. Then I’d consider it 

Agree with this as I said,  we could hopefully then spend a couple of million on a striker like Jepchott (or whoever the next up and coming striker is these days). A striker and Byers in exchange for Bannan is probably good business for what we need right now 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

By  country mile our best player - and still you get idiots pulling him down and proving they know absolutely nothing about football.

Embarassing 

Edited by Grandad

Hard one to call for me this one.

If you look at last seasons stats BB was one of the best in the league for key passes played which he did this in such a poor team under some poor managers. Under Moores style of football in this league he should be a standout performer. 

However as pointed out by others we’ve made mistakes in the past in not cashing in on players plus he’s 31! 

Providing we can reinvest the money (and we’re not under a fee paying embargo) on a suitable replacement then an offer near 2.5-3m would be silly not to strongly consider. 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think I read that almost word for word from Boro forum when we raided them for Rhodes. Football fans eh, what do we/they know.

I doubt it mate. I think you’re making that up. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I doubt it mate. I think you’re making that up. 

Nope exactly that, well almost! I guess not all players signed by teams that challenged for the championship play off final are any good. 

We have to understand where we are, yes he's a good and popular player, but we are very much driven by finances at the moment. So if he has to go to fund the striker we need, then so be it

He may actually be a great fit for Swansea due to the way they play, so would be more successful there than with us

What is the worst that this rumour could do? Maybe alert others of his availability and drive up interest....get clubs offering us players in part exchange, so giving us some more options for the rebuild.... time will tell

• Like 1