Swansea target Barry Bannan…..

Swans target Sheffield Wednesday captain.

Last weekend we had news that Sheffield Wednesday were keeping an eye on Swans midfielder George Byers and today we have news that their captain Barry Bannan is someone that the Swans would like to bring to South Wales.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think many clubs in the Championship will be interested in Bannan but will be put off trying to match his wages at Wednesday.

Think I read that his wages had been halved due to relegation (not sure if thats true or not) so maybe it wont be that much of a stumbling block 

Think the £25 million pound valuation will put them off  more:Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

He's the one player with a value that we managed to get to agree a contract extension. If we get a good fee for him that might be a game changer for Chansiri and how he goes about managing contracts

200.gif

Silly forum

Edited by Sultan_Pepper
  • Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
13 minutes ago, OneManBand said:

£10m, Chancernomics.

Joking aside, he could very well be worth that to us if he gets us back to the championship this year (or keeps us from relegation to L2…).

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think many clubs in the Championship will be interested in Bannan but will be put off trying to match his wages at Wednesday.

Dont think the wages will be the issue it will be the £20m price tag.😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think Bannan / Chansiri are well connected and on good terms - Bannan has been well looked after by Chansiri since his arrival, paid handsomely (like many) and made Captain. There were also the rumours that Bannan played a part in Pulis being booted, I think he's got a very strong dressing room presence - you could tell that on the pitch. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he's signed the contract knowing that both parties would be looked after when an offer comes in - and it will, it's just a waiting game. I can't see him playing many games in League One before being transferred. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have held on to the belief that we've been signing very young and inexperienced players lately in order to meet league one wage structures that includes the likes of Bannan staying.

We need experienced players

• Like 1