Swansea target Barry Bannan…..

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I have held on to the belief that we've been signing very young and inexperienced players lately in order to meet league one wage structures that includes the likes of Bannan staying.

We need experienced players

We still have experience with hutch, Luongo Patterson etc.. 

For me we need to keep 3/4 of them, but to lower the wage structure and possibly give us some wriggle room in the transfer market we'll need to let a couple go, it just depends who gets offers. You can only sell players other teams want and are wiling to pay for. 

Love Bannan, but its time to cash in!

We've all moaned at the previous model of not cashing in when the time is right.

Sell at market value, reinvest in the squad by bringing 4/5 new players in.

Keep him and run the risk of saying, we should have sold him last summer....

• Like 4

Last 3 seasons he’s been a virtually ever-present, playing 41,44,46 league matches.

Many fans think we make a big saving if we let him go. In reality we’ll almost certainly bring in two or probably three players who will play bit parts, at miles below his ability but overall at the same cost.

If we find a young fit gem, great. But let’s be honest, we won’t.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I think Bannan / Chansiri are well connected and on good terms - Bannan has been well looked after by Chansiri since his arrival,

I heard DC gives Bazza all Atts handmedowns after he’s grown out of them.

• Haha 2

BB is hard to replace but still business-wise selling him for a high enough fee could be the best option since we are still bleeding money out of the club. I don't know if Hunt or anyone we've been looking to bring in could fill his boots though, but that would be a time to step up.

• Like 1

Unless they offer stupid money keep him imo, his ability and experience will serve the club and the younger players well in league 1 could be the difference in promotion or not then he will have been worth the wages, Moore may be recruiting but non will have the quality and experience of Bannan so yep keep him.

• Thanks 1