The silence is deafening

45 minutes ago, sibon said:

It is ten days since we were relegated. In that time, all we’ve heard from the club is some vague stuff about regrouping and aiming to go back up.

We could do with a retained list, some season ticket news, ticket prices, maybe a hint of what our transfer policy might look like.

I can’t believe that we weren’t planning for the possibility of being relegated, given the shitshow of a season that we’ve just witnessed. So, what is taking so long?

It’s normally quiet for a couple of weeks after the season end. It’s the same every year. 

• Like 1

Will be surprised to to see anything until we scrape the bottom of that barrel again looking for freebies that noone wants come the final day of the transfer window 

it’s the Chancer way.

Edited by OwlerIT
  • Like 1

Its already be said that Moore had identified targets, but cannot do anything now as we are an embargo and most players will have gone on holiday to Cleethorpes

All the current squad will have had a meeting, so the delay may be that some will be deciding whether they want to take a big pay cut to stay.

It is a quiet period but i am sure a lot is going on behind the scenes.

We must get the embargo lift asap and get players coming in early, but we have said that before and everything have been towards the end of the transfer period

This cannot be allowed to happen with so many players out of contract

Retain list will be out later this week

Sheffield Wednesday fans are so needy 

Have to know what the players had for lunch to what Moore did over the weekend 

The season ain't even finished ffs

Relax abit 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sibon said:

It is ten days since we were relegated. In that time, all we’ve heard from the club is some vague stuff about regrouping and aiming to go back up.

We could do with a retained list, some season ticket news, ticket prices, maybe a hint of what our transfer policy might look like.

I can’t believe that we weren’t planning for the possibility of being relegated, given the shitshow of a season that we’ve just witnessed. So, what is taking so long?

Chansiri has shown complete and utter contempt for the fans ever since he started jacking up ticket prices to stupidly high levels.

He’ll speak to his “customers” when he sees fit, not before.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Its already be said that Moore had identified targets, but cannot do anything now as we are an embargo and most players will have gone on holiday to Cleethorpes

All the current squad will have had a meeting, so the delay may be that some will be deciding whether they want to take a big pay cut to stay.

It is a quiet period but i am sure a lot is going on behind the scenes.

We must get the embargo lift asap and get players coming in early, but we have said that before and everything have been towards the end of the transfer period

This cannot be allowed to happen with so many players out of contract

Retain list will be out later this week

They should sign on for Grimsby whilst they are there. Bout their level tbh.

7 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans are so needy 

Have to know what the players had for lunch to what Moore did over the weekend 

The season ain't even finished ffs

Relax abit 

I’d relax a bit if I knew that the accounts were published.

Then I’d know if we were financially ok or not. I’d also know if we were still under embargo.

These aren’t things that are dependent upon the season ending. Just proper management. It’s time we started.

• Like 1

I’m really enjoying the silence to be honest. I’ve got more work done since we were relegated and then the silence, than I’ve done in months! 
I’m hoping for another couple of weeks of it so I can really catch up…

• Haha 1

It is not good whatsoever, we look like a club with no ambition, not great facilities, dwindling capacity, I’ve not felt this low supporting swfc in a long time, especially for our expectations/potential of the football club, the mismanagement has been diabolical.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

After the Derby game  our Manager said in his after match interview that he hadn't thought about relegation. That my friend should tell you all you need to know.

Ah yes but Chansiri said he had plans for both scenarios, ie staying up or being relegated.

Perhaps he just forgot to tell the manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sibon said:

Ten whole days hey. That's 1/36 th of the year gone since relegation. I have it on good authority that we have scouts operating at Churchill Bros F.C. in Goa but are held up by Covid 19 new strain. We just have to keep a stiff upper Lip !