The silence is deafening

12 hours ago, sibon said:

It is ten days since we were relegated. In that time, all we’ve heard from the club is some vague stuff about regrouping and aiming to go back up.

We could do with a retained list, some season ticket news, ticket prices, maybe a hint of what our transfer policy might look like.

I can’t believe that we weren’t planning for the possibility of being relegated, given the shitshow of a season that we’ve just witnessed. So, what is taking so long?

Usual Chansiri way, after much waiting and anticipation it happens and as usual its wrong.

The few weeks after the season ends are always the quietest as players, managers, chairmen all jet off on holiday with our parlous state though a bit of a plan of how we intend to move forward would have been the right thing to do, why I would expect the clown that runs us to do the right thing is anybody's guess.

11 hours ago, OwlerIT said:

Will be surprised to to see anything until we scrape the bottom of that barrel again looking for freebies that noone wants come the final day of the transfer window 

it’s the Chancer way.

Who's Noone?

And can he play left back.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Listen to the silence, let it ring on
Eyes, dark grey lenses frightened of the sun
We would have a fine time living in the night
Left to blind destruction, waiting for our sight

Funny that.

I had the tune by James in my head, Say Something.

Your silence is deafening......

Doreen in accounts has just reconciled the petty cash receipts, Jeff the handy man has just finished repainting the bogs  whilst Lynn the cleaner has just taken delivery of 200 urinal cakes. Bob, who runs the club shop has done all the rotas up until July and Cliff the bar man has just put the Fosters line onto clean.

That, my friend, brings you up to date.

Happy now?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Give it a bit of time. Take it easy. Take a step back. Come again.

Chill a little.

Exactly - if there is something to say, they will make it public, just like any business.  No point worrying - nothing we can do except support what they decide and go elsewhere if we don't like it.  Lockdown should have taught us to relax....

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Doreen in accounts has just reconciled the petty cash receipts, Jeff the handy man has just finished repainting the bogs  whilst Lynn the cleaner has just taken delivery of 200 urinal cakes. Bob, who runs the club shop has done all the rotas up until July and Cliff the bar man has just put the Fosters line onto clean.

That, my friend, brings you up to date.

Happy now?

Only if they've all been paid for their extraordinary hard work.

1 minute ago, morley said:

Only if they've all been paid for their extraordinary hard work.

Well, Doreen and Bob are on 11 grand a week so they get 7 up front and a top up later in the month. Besides shifting around a few direct debits they’re ok about it, so I’ve been told anyhow.

• Haha 1