Our players under contract for next season

I could see us selling players for really the first time under DC.

I expect offers to come in for Bannan, Windass, Paterson and Palmer.

Possibly there may be interest in Borner, Luongo and Iorfa. The latter 2 would probably have to prove their fitness first?

Not expecting many if any of the OOC senior players to re-sign.

It’s anyone’s guess as to how we’ll line up first game in August but totally expecting us to play 4231 next season.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Bannan

Green

Probably Hutchison after he played all but one game since his return.

Get rid of both Dawson and Wildsmith. Sign a good goalkeeper and there is a decent spine to a league one side there is Iorfa, Bannan and Widnass stay.

RTFQ…

7 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

As things stand 

Subs;

Dawson

Borner

Dunkley

Hunt

0F10F610-A422-45AD-B282-2D5368D94FD8.jpeg

If everyone stayed and was fit that is a surprisingly reasonable starting lineup. Can’t see it going like that though. Sales and injuries are inevitable. 

23 minutes ago, Night King said:

Wildsmith

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Luongo

Dele-Bashiru 

Grant

Bannan

Windass

Adedoyin

Paterson

No wonder DM lauds the players after matches….he’s stuck with this lot. They are part of problem as they are used to losing. Try to move as many on as possible and start again.

• Thanks 1

Looking at the out of contract players and the players I’d offer contracts to, also assuming Bannan leaves and Moore sticks with 3 at the back and wingbacks, I’d be looking at a starting 11 of...

New keeper

Dunkley

Iorfa

Hutchinson

Palmer

Dele-Bashiru

Luongo

New midfielder 

New left wingback 

Windass

Paterson

26 minutes ago, Night King said:

How long did Green sign for?

Has the wage cap in league 1 been abolished?

Yes it has. Green signed for 18 months.

I think we have options on Hunt and Brennan. Suspect Galvin and Waldock will come into it. Penney may get a chance too.

Will be interesting to see if any of the others stay. Ordinarily I’d say no, but clubs won’t be spending much money this summer and there are 150 free agents in the championship alone so it’s going to be competitive. Could see players dropping down a level that you might not expect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Looking at the out of contract players and the players I’d offer contracts to, also assuming Bannan leaves and Moore sticks with 3 at the back and wingbacks, I’d be looking at a starting 11 of...

New keeper

Dunkley

Iorfa

Hutchinson

Palmer

Dele-Bashiru

Luongo

New midfielder 

New left wingback 

Windass

Paterson

Not sure what you’ve seen in Bashiru yet to have him as a starter? Looked miles away in the games ive seen him play. 

I definitely think Windass and the wee man will be off back to the Champ. If we can get a few million for each of them then that is good business.

I am not sure there will be much interest in the likes of Palmer, Paterson and Iorfa (only because of his recent bad injury).

• Thanks 1

Championship manager stuff, but of the 3 keepers we currently have, I’d move all 3 on, and bring 2 new ones in. Lee Grant was mentioned a while back, and he’d be a perfect fit. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Championship manager stuff, but of the 3 keepers we currently have, I’d move all 3 on, and bring 2 new ones in. Lee Grant was mentioned a while back, and he’d be a perfect fit. 

Agreed, an experienced keeper like when we bought in Bywater would be a good shout.

Edited by TrickyTrev

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Lee grant who is 38? 

• Like 1