Our players under contract for next season

11 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

If everyone stayed and was fit that is a surprisingly reasonable starting lineup. Can’t see it going like that though. Sales and injuries are inevitable. 

That starting 11 would do very well in league 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Championship manager stuff, but of the 3 keepers we currently have, I’d move all 3 on, and bring 2 new ones in. Lee Grant was mentioned a while back, and he’d be a perfect fit. 

So you would move on a 36 year old to be replaced by a 38 year old?

I agree  with trying to sell the other two or at least one them.

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

I could see us selling players for really the first time under DC.

I expect offers to come in for Bannan, Windass, Paterson and Palmer.

Possibly there may be interest in Borner, Luongo and Iorfa. The latter 2 would probably have to prove their fitness first?

Not expecting many if any of the OOC senior players to re-sign.

It’s anyone’s guess as to how we’ll line up first game in August but totally expecting us to play 4231 next season.

Agree and I think we have to sell players. 

Clubs will come in for Bannan. If they give us what we want (if we’re sensible) then he should go for him. 
Palmer Paterson and Windass can go for me, especially if we make on them (I know anything is a make on Palmer). Borner add to that list too.

We may get away with keeping Luongo and Iorfa as they have had long term injuries and to be honest I would, but try tying them down so if they have a good 6 months a year we’re not losing them for pittance or free.

Both keepers I’d try to get rid of and I also would Dunkley. Dele I’m unsure on.

Hutchinson will have a year left and would be CH with Iorfa and that is where I would start this huge rebuild. With Brennan coming through only 1 cb required. Luongo and Waldock can provide competition for the DM role. Green can have a place as one or the 4 wingers. 

Try to build a squad of around 23/24 with a mix of youth and good players for league one that could step up. Build it as 2 players for every position in a 442 which can adapt. It’s a massive job though I’d be looking to sigh 18 ish players!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Night King said:

I think we’ll go in to the season with the 2 keepers. Both under contract and not be any interest in either, who’d be your number 1? 🙈

Nixon still knocking about?

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

So you would move on a 36 year old to be replaced by a 38 year old?

I agree  with trying to sell the other two or at least one them.

I’d move on a 36 year old who gets more injuries than Evil Knieval. Just my guess, but Grant looks the type to look after himself, and a good pro. And a good character. 

Given that 15 players are out of contract, unless some of the others are pushing to leave and/or we can’t afford them Id try and keep them as we already have loads of recruiting to do. Players like paterson and Windass would be key in a promotion team if up for it but I suspect they’d both want to leave 

• Thanks 1

The big decision for me is the keeper situation. If Dawson and Wildsmith struggle to command their area in the championship then they will struggle even more at League 1 level where it’s more an up and at em style.

I still very much believe that those two playing a lot of games this season contributed to us going down as it always was going to. Look at previous seasons when either play a lot of football, the defensive record goes off a cliff.

Ideally DM needs to sign a new keeper because both of them are mentally shot and so are some of the defenders at having to play in front of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Night King said:

Wildsmith

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Luongo

Dele-Bashiru 

Grant

Windass

Adedoyin

Paterson

Are these all correct? Missed anyone?

Luongo - he’ll demand a move back to Australia imo - some homesick excuse that players seem to rolll out when they want a move 

1 hour ago, Night King said:

Wildsmith

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Luongo

Dele-Bashiru 

Grant

Windass

Adedoyin

Paterson

Are these all correct? Missed anyone?

We sold Grant to Rochdale in January, he made 20 appearances and scored 1 goal, he will face us next season. 

I would only keep players like Dele-Bashiru and Adedoyin and any other young player who resigns. I don't care about the rest aside from Iorfa really.

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Doubt that would happen 

You dont think Brentford will try to get Baz on cheap again?

Edited by Hornsby