Our players under contract for next season

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

2m? not a chance at 31.

He's just started every game for us.

Never gets injured and runs about for 90 mins.

He's far from falling to bits and is widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the champ (by everyone except some Wednesday fans).

Easy 2 million. I'd want at least £5 million.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, trev said:

He's far from falling to bits and is widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the champ (by everyone except some Wednesday fans).

Agreed, i've posted on here today that i reckon Bannan will have a buy out clause of about £1-2m, and teams with money like Fulham, WBA and even the Pigs, and Brentford if they don't go up, might just take a punt on a midfielder who has an excellent fitness record and is considered by many as one of the best midfielders in the league 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
52 minutes ago, trev said:

5 mill for bazza and 10 mill for iorfa will give us a decent war chest :pulis:

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not saying I want it but that’s what Darren Moore will play so this is the side I’d play in that formation.

While will Moore play it?

He has never played it before and has settled on it with us because the squad he had was used to it and we don't have a first team left-back to speak of. The squad will be cleared out and I hope he will then revert to something he is more comfortable with. 

11 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

We sold Grant to Rochdale in January, he made 20 appearances and scored 1 goal, he will face us next season. 

I would only keep players like Dele-Bashiru and Adedoyin and any other young player who resigns. I don't care about the rest aside from Iorfa really.

That’s Rochdale who have been relegated to L2

• Haha 1

I'm hoping we can keep hold of, and keep fit, Iorfa, Urhoghide, and Luongo. If Bannan stays, that wouldn't be a bad first four names on a team sheet.

I really hope we release anyone who is out of contract and over 25, to make space for a full rebuild. I'm then hoping we have already been scouting for young powerful players, like Ivan Toney, but cheaper. I'd love to see us with two or three attacking players with pace, power, and ability, raw and packed with desire to get to the top.

I also hope we shape in a 4-3-3 formation next season, with some quick talented young full backs, and we give opportunities to the likes of Dele and Hunt to prove they are at least L1 level.

On 09/05/2021 at 07:45, Night King said:

Wildsmith

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Luongo

Dele-Bashiru 

Grant

Bannan

Windass

Adedoyin

Paterson

Well, that's 11 plus a sub which would be a goalie. 

Can we convert Dawson into a striker. It would keep him as far away from our goal as was possible.

Just a thought. 

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2021 at 16:39, Night King said:

Wildsmith

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Luongo

Dele-Bashiru 

Grant

Windass

Adedoyin

Paterson

Are these all correct? Missed anyone?

Kachunga and Green? Are they gone? 

On 09/05/2021 at 07:39, Night King said:

Wildsmith

Dawson

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Luongo

Dele-Bashiru 

Grant

Windass

Adedoyin

Paterson

Have to resign Hutchinson. A must. Make him captain and the main centre back. Best defender at the club. Would also look at resigning Tom Lees if the offer is right. Would be good at League One.

Green is on the books for another season and SHOULD be handy in league one if played in the right position

Bannan was offered a contract but personally, i'd offload, his wages freed up allows us to bring in 4-5 players that offer more in all areas and better dynamism.

If Rhodes wanted to stay on a fraction of his wages - but i'm pretty sure that won't be the case ..

Most of those players would do a job in league one but i'd seriously consider putting some up for transfer

Keepers aren't good enough. Dawson really needs to step up as he's the better of the 2 though but has been shakey in championship. Might be easier for him in league one, who knows ....

Christ, we're really lacking aren't we. Moore and his mates have a rate job on their hands

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
25 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Have to resign Hutchinson. A must. Make him captain and the main centre back. Best defender at the club. Would also look at resigning Tom Lees if the offer is right. Would be good at League One.

Green is on the books for another season and SHOULD be handy in league one if played in the right position

Bannan was offered a contract but personally, i'd offload, his wages freed up allows us to bring in 4-5 players that offer more in all areas and better dynamism.

If Rhodes wanted to stay on a fraction of his wages - but i'm pretty sure that won't be the case ..

Most of those players would do a job in league one but i'd seriously consider putting some up for transfer

Keepers aren't good enough. Dawson really needs to step up as he's the better of the 2 though but has been shakey in championship. Might be easier for him in league one, who knows ....

Christ, we're really lacking aren't we. Moore and his mates have a rate job on their hands

Why will it be easier for Dawson in league one are the goals smaller or the ball bigger? he and Wildsmith need binning off. 

On 09/05/2021 at 07:46, TodwickOwl said:

Windass, Paterson and Bannan won't stay 

We've got a lot of work to do. 

As much as we need a rebuild, I do not believe we have the money to completely rebuild the squad this summer. 

This is the scary part, I don’t think the risk of selling those 3 for what would be small fees due to age/contract length/desperation to leave out ways the reward of replacing them with better players. I have so little trust in our ability to recruit and sign players as our transfer business has been so poor these last few years.

Either way, if we sell them I’d be stunned if we manage to finish top 6 next season as we already need to fill so many other positions in the team. 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Lionel Fessi said:

As much as we need a rebuild, I do not believe we have the money to completely rebuild the squad this summer. 

This is the scary part, I don’t think the risk of selling those 3 for what would be small fees due to age/contract length/desperation to leave out ways the reward of replacing them with better players. I have so little trust in our ability to recruit and sign players as our transfer business has been so poor these last few years.

Either way, if we sell them I’d be stunned if we manage to finish top 6 next season as we already need to fill so many other positions in the team. 

To have a decent chance of promotion we've got to keep Hutch Bannan Windass Urohgide Palmer Iorfa Rhodes Lees Borner, I know some of them are out of contract and it will be subject to accepting reduced terms and with a decent keeper, left back, a couple of midfielders and two wingers we could do well. 

First team:

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith

Julian Borner

Dominic Iorfa

Cheyenne Dunkley

Liam Palmer

Barry Bannan

Massimo Luongo

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

Andre Green

Callum Paterson

Josh Windass

Development squad:

Luke Jackson - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

Lewis Farmer - contract offered

Declan Errat - Thompson 1 year option triggered

Ciaran Brennan - 1 year option

Ryan Galvin

Josh Dawodu - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

Alex Hunt - 1 year option

Liam Waldock - 1 year option

Charles Hagan - contract offered

Korede Adedoyin

U-18's 2'nd year:

Jay Glover - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

Will Trueman - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

Paulo Aguas - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

Basile Zottos - - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

Alex Bonnington - out of contract included in end of season games so likely to stay

U-18's 1'st year

Leojo Davidson

Fuad Sesay

Jenson Whitham

Josh Ashman

Filimon Asfha

Caelen Kilheeney

Danny Wassell

Very likely to make step up from U-18's

Jake Hall

Cian Flannery

Mackenzie Maltby

Murtadha Al-jahadhmy

Rio Shipston

Bailey Cadamarteri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did my best to put together all we know about players likely to be here next season through all age groups. I possibly made few mistakes, but more or less that is how things stand right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1