Sam Hutchinson

Sam Hutchinson  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep him next season?

• Yes
    • No

Last time in this division we had the quality of Guy Branston, If we can find a suitable deal to keep him and he plays at centrehalf then it's a no brainer. 

If the plan is to play him in midfield then get shot. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kew Owl said:

Yes, give him a one year contract.

Make him captain if Bannan goes.

His discipline and fitness record seems to be better now than previously 

Are you surprised when it's locked into the terms and conditions of his new contract?

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

This is what I don't get..how he is part of the losing mentality or 'part of the problem'? or is that just all players who have played within the last 18 months since we've been crap? Can we not have a few positive leaders at the club? His performances on the pitch, attitude on the pitch and interviews give the impression he's a very positive figure at the club.

He’s part of the losing mentality because he’s been here more or less since the play-off final. During that time the team has been in steady decline baring an all to brief spell under Bruce. I’ve absolutely nothing against Hutchinson, he’s probably shown more passion than most but the fact remains. But he’s been part of a team that loses more often than not, that couldn’t beat 10 man Bristol, that showed nothing against Forest, that surrendered the lead twice today against a truly awful team in the game that could’ve kept us up. He’s made his fair share of mistakes during that time. We have the chance to let him go with our thanks and best wishes. I just don’t see why we would want to offer him a contract. Would you honestly try to sign him if you were the manager at a competing league one club ? 

I’d keep him. Always gives 100% and cares. Him and Iorfa at centre half would be class in league one. 

I see Westwood, Rhodes, Lees, Joost and  Reach leaving. This will save £130k a week in wages. I also see Kachunga, Harris, Moses also moving on. 

51 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Agreed, from memory he also hasn't had any complete howler unlikes Lees, Borner and Dunkley have on more than 1 occasion. Makes you wonder WHY Monk & Jos were so oppose to him? If he'd been here all season could have been very different!

The forgotten man! Oh how we've missed him.

Called it since Loovens departure, should have been captain since.

We have gone from 23rd to 24th. Picked up less points per game since he and KW were brought back. Not sure how you think things could have been very different.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you surprised when it's locked into the terms and conditions of his new contract?

When was the last time he was out injured for a significant period?

How many games has he played since his last red card?

Neither have been significant issues with him for some time, even before the terms of his latest contract.

We have had the most red cards in the division this season and have a string of injury prone players. Point the finger elsewhere in this respect. 

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes, you always know that when Hutch crosses that white line he’ll give 100%.

Also, a back 3 of Hutch, Dunkley and Iorfa in League 1 will be class.

I really hope we bin the back 3 formation. It has been useless for us and not one Moore has used previously.

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We have gone from 23rd to 24th. Picked up less points per game since he and KW were brought back. Not sure how you think things could have been very different.

Can’t believe you’re peddling this out again.

Westwood won’t be here next season so you’ll have to find another straw to clutch at

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

24 points from 20 appearances (or 23 from 19 discounting the brief appearance at Swansea) with Westwood in goal is better than our overall average this season.

Points per game with Hutchinson is slightly worse. Do you think he has performed worse than the CB's he has played alongside since he returned? 

6 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Oh and for your ‘lies’

Keiren Westwood played 19 games (excluding his 10 minutes against Swansea.)

19 games and 23 points.

without him, 27 games and 24 points.

So I think you better fact check yourself mate.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

24 points from 20 appearances (or 23 from 19 discounting the brief appearance at Swansea) with Westwood in goal is better than our overall average this season.

Points per game with Hutchinson is slightly worse. Do you think he has performed worse than the CB's he has played alongside since he returned? 

Damn just posted at the same time ffs! 😂