Sam Hutchinson

Sam Hutchinson  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep him next season?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, S36 OWL said:

How long are we going to continue to live in the past . ? 

Its time to move on from the likes of Hutch , Westwood ,Lees ,Palmer 

We moved on from a fair few last season.

Brought in the likes of Kachunga, Brown, Dunkley, Green, gave more time to Dawson, Wildsmith. Worked really well.

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Can’t believe you’re peddling this out again.

Westwood won’t be here next season so you’ll have to find another straw to clutch at

Fan clubs here again. Took you long enough.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

24 points from 20 appearances (or 23 from 19 discounting the brief appearance at Swansea) with Westwood in goal is better than our overall average this season.

Points per game with Hutchinson is slightly worse. Do you think he has performed worse than the CB's he has played alongside since he returned? 

Not to mention when Westwood and Hutchinson came back we had to make do without Iorfa and Luongo, which is huge.

Just now, 83owl said:

You literally lied about a statistic. I came back at you with fact.

If you need to lie to try and make a point I think you’re points not very solid tbh

• Like 1

We need a refresh and there’s going to be a big overhaul. But, I think hutch has triggered a contract extension so he stays next season. I’m happy with this.

We will lose Rhodes, Westwood, Joost, Lees, Reach, Moses, Harris, Kachunga, Shaw, Osaze (likely) plus brown and Marriott loans. 

We are likely to need 10 new players. I honestly don’t think we can afford to lose any more players given the transformation and I’m happy that Hutch stays. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Damn just posted at the same time ffs! 😂

You should have left me to it, you might get on the end of his ire now. He told me I was sucking Westwood off the last time I tried to point out the error of his ways!

lol

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You should have left me to it, you might get on the end of his ire now. He told me I was sucking Westwood off the last time I tried to point out the error of his ways!

lol

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Didn't take long did it! 

lol

lol

I was trying to type so fas

Didn't take long did it! 

lol

Haha there it is!

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When was the last time he was out injured for a significant period?

How many games has he played since his last red card?

Neither have been significant issues with him for some time, even before the terms of his latest contract.

We have had the most red cards in the division this season and have a string of injury prone players. Point the finger elsewhere in this respect. 

His last Wednesday red card was 92 appearances ago 

lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

His last Wednesday red card was 92 appearances ago 

lol

Some things on here become fact though if they are repeated often enough.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Got to go - why are we clinging on the failures?

Watch the build up for the penalty - played the attacker on-side - why? Because he's not good enough; that's why...

We’re going into a league where a 37 year old Andy Butler is getting starts for mid table Doncaster.

36 yo Lewington at MK.

40 year old coppinger 

a 31 year old Hutchinson? No brainer to keep him.

I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised how bad the standard, and subsequently we and our ‘new’ side are going to be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

He’s part of the losing mentality because he’s been here more or less since the play-off final. During that time the team has been in steady decline baring an all to brief spell under Bruce. I’ve absolutely nothing against Hutchinson, he’s probably shown more passion than most but the fact remains. But he’s been part of a team that loses more often than not, that couldn’t beat 10 man Bristol, that showed nothing against Forest, that surrendered the lead twice today against a truly awful team in the game that could’ve kept us up. He’s made his fair share of mistakes during that time. We have the chance to let him go with our thanks and best wishes. I just don’t see why we would want to offer him a contract. Would you honestly try to sign him if you were the manager at a competing league one club ? 

Hmmm not sure that is a fair assessment.

Sure he's been part of the good and the bad, but that doesn't mean he still isn't valuable? He's still been our best defender this season, played decent in the big games and contract wise isn't making a fraction of what Lees is making and likely less than Borner & Dunkley. If he was still a big earner on a long deal it would be different, but he's not? 

If we want to point fingers at individuals who have let the side down this season, he isn't on that list. Just like Bannan, Windass and one or two others he would look comfortable in a mid table team. Just like we know he has done in the past when surrounded by other decent players in a good system.

As fans as much as we want a 'total rebuild' we simply don't have the money or the set up to get one right now. Are we going to bring in 23 new players and keep only Bannan? Impossible. I'm all for sacking off players who aren't good enough, but especially at L1 standard and financially 'cheap' players like Hutchinson who clearly are good enough just make sense to keep.  Plus he has all the Semedo esc lovable intangibles, I think his presence in the dressing room would be a big miss!

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We have gone from 23rd to 24th. Picked up less points per game since he and KW were brought back. Not sure how you think things could have been very different.

However you spin it, we were 12 minutes away from finishing 21st and staying up.

Very worried if you think we weren't a better team with Hutchinson and KW this season. 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you surprised when it's locked into the terms and conditions of his new contract?

Maybe we can get conditions like this in other players going forward, like a wage deduction if they give away a penalty? Or how about they pay us money when they get sent off? Perhaps make them run 100 laps if they get beaten in the air by a player 6 inches shorter.

25 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

There’s enough out of contract to replace without getting rid of those that we can keep and offer something positive to the side.

This ^^

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

We’re going into a league where a 37 year old Andy Butler is getting starts for mid table Doncaster.

36 yo Lewington at MK.

40 year old coppinger 

a 31 year old Hutchinson? No brainer to keep him.

I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised how bad the standard, and subsequently we and our ‘new’ side are going to be. 

ok - let's sign him - maybe mid-table is our aspiration, but we really need to move on.

Younger; fitter players is essential for the future of this club. 

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

ok - let's sign him - maybe mid-table is our aspiration, but we really need to move on.

Younger; fitter players is essential for the future of this club. 

Well let’s just throw a load of 19 year olds out there then?

You need some experience alongside youth if you want to get promoted from League 1. 

Mark Beevers has just got promoted from league 1. Oh what, he’s also 31? Funny that.