Football Fancast single out “passenger” Reach for criticism

The decline of Adam Reach as a footballer is staggering. I remember the 17/18 season where he practically was the only player who turned up every week. He won all the Individual awards at that season. 

For me this is why it has been so frustrating watching Reach these past few seasons because at one time here he was the best player at Wednesday. 

Another one who should have done a lot more in his Wednesday career who will ultimately leave on a free. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ottewell84 said:

The decline of Adam Reach as a footballer is staggering. I remember the 17/18 season where he practically was the only player who turned up every week. He won all the Individual awards at that season. 

For me this is why it has been so frustrating watching Reach these past few seasons because at one time here he was the best player at Wednesday. 

Another one who should have done a lot more in his Wednesday career who will ultimately leave on a free. 

Ironically the only time he really stood up and showed what he could do was when all our big players and personalities were injured.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lincowl said:

“Over the 90 minutes, the midfielder was incredibly wasteful with his passing, completing just 18 of his 27 attempted passes – his success rate of 67% ranking him as Wednesday’s fourth-worst passer of those who started the fixture – as well as not finding his man with any of his eight crosses and successfully completing just two of his five attempted long balls.

Furthermore, the £23,000-per-week Reach lost possession of the ball a whopping 22 times, as well as being dribbled past twice by Derby players, highlighting just how much of a passenger the midfielder was on a day when the Owls needed everyone on song.“

https://www.footballfancast.com/sheffield-wednesday-news/adam-reach-sheffield-wednesday-darren-moore-the-championship

They want to see him when he's really bad :duntmatter:

Adam Reach is probably the last player you want in a relegation dog fight.

The guy has ability but sadly lacks guts, determination, heart and is as soft as s**t.

Adding to the above he clearly didn’t give a s**t today with his contract expiring after the match, he no doubt has his eyes on his next move.

I’m just glad I’ll never see the spineless waster in a Wednesday shirt again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ottewell84 said:

Always been a flat track bully, even in 17/18. Can do good things when he has time and space and everything is going his way. The Cardiff game was a good example but when things are going against him he doesn’t have it within himself to raise his game or tough things out. 

I remember seeing Reach coming to Hillsborough with PNE and thinking he looked a decent player, he was okay for us in his first few years but I think since Carlos left he has literally fell to bits and he isn't up for any fight at all.

Get rid of him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Yeah I thought he had another poor game. The whole left side was weak, him and Börner offered no protection (or anything going forward) all afternoon.

To be fair to Borner he needs to be a centre back in a 4 man defence, and has shown that again and again this season. Even us schmucks on Owlstalk know he comes short when exposed by an attacking LWB, and we also know that Reach offers nothing defensively. 

It boggles the mind how a professional football coach could field those two players on the left in a must win game. 

Reach always was and always will be nothing more and nothing less that an absolute fvking pvssy

Ive been saying this for years, yet the blind on here constantly defended him. Shame on you who defended him.

I wouldnt pi$s on him if he was on fire.

Good ridance.