Here is how the Championship table stands after Rotherham's result

Turned on sky sports news this morning for the first time in about a year and it made me laugh.  

After getting through their (and presenter Mike Wedderburn’s) daily love in for Man City,  they talked about the Luton/Rotherham game.  

“There was good news for Wayne Rooney, and Derby county last night as Rotherham failed to beat Luton”. Yes we are so pleased for Wayne 😄

Then when talking about the situation on Saturday,  not one mention to the fact Wednesday can stay up too.  They only explained that “to stay up, Rotherham must win at Cardiff and hope that Derby don’t beat 23rd placed Wednesday, or Derby will stay up.  Wycombe can still stay up but need to beat Boro and have a big goal swing over Derby”. 

At least Sky have reminded me that I’ve been right to stop watching their news show for the past year, just makes me laugh how bad they are. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
10 hours ago, Manwë said:

So obvious that we are staying up.

Tonight is proof.

To be fair, you're said this for a while.

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Turned on sky sports news this morning for the first time in about a year and it made me laugh.  

After getting through their (and presenter Mike Wedderburn’s) daily love in for Man City,  they talked about the Luton/Rotherham game.  

“There was good news for Wayne Rooney, and Derby county last night as Rotherham failed to beat Luton”. Yes we are so pleased for Wayne 😄

Then when talking about the situation on Saturday,  not one mention to the fact Wednesday can stay up too.  They only explained that “to stay up, Rotherham must win at Cardiff and hope that Derby don’t beat 23rd placed Wednesday, or Derby will stay up.  Wycombe can still stay up but need to beat Boro and have a big goal swing over Derby”. 

At least Sky have reminded me that I’ve been right to stop watching their news show for the past year, just makes me laugh how bad they are. 

Pretty clear they are in collusion with the EFL and have a clear agenda against us.

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's slim pickings.

But for me, this is about the best we can do.

image.png.54c4f55bb09daccbc847e9469eac3cc4.png

I know it comes to something that I am pinning my hopes on Jordan Rhodes.

But there's bound to be that one , half gilt-edge chance, as there is in every game and I'd rather it fell to him than anyone else.

Agree.  You can’t not play Rhodes if he is fit.  He’s the most natural finisher in the team and just needs that half a chance to perhaps give us that much needed goal.

My only concern is whether we play Borner given his recent performances but who would we play instead?

6 hours ago, prowl said:

If we lose and Wycombe draw we will go down as bottom club. Just let that sink in for a moment.

It’s great that we are still in with a shout, but I think it is far more likely that we will both lose and finish bottom, than survive.

38 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

It’s great that we are still in with a shout, but I think it is far more likely that we will both lose and finish bottom, than survive.

My Derby mates think we'll draw as neither of us could score in a brothel  and Rotherham will win so we'll both go down

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

My Derby mates think we'll draw as neither of us could score in a brothel  and Rotherham will win so we'll both go down

It’s definitely a possibility Dave mate. Two poor teams could very easily be a draw. 

16 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Remind him that Rotherham struggle to score in a brothel. 

• Like 1

We've somehow been given an extra life. There's absolutely no way we should be in with a chance of survival on the final day, we've been woeful this season. 

However, it'll be truly hilarious if we do stay up. Relegating Rotherham and also Rooney's Derby would be spectacular. 

• Love 1

It would be a fitting epitaph for this season, with us always ending other teams' poor runs by going to Derby and ending our own with a win to stay up. Provided Cardiff also do their job and at least hold out for a draw.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They said on FH last night that there are 9 different scenarios results wise on Saturday - 5 of them see Derby stay up, 2 for Wednesday and 2 for Rotherham. I do  feel it’s a straight battle between us and Derby, can’t see Rotherham winning. 

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

They said on FH last night that there are 9 different scenarios results wise on Saturday - 5 of them see Derby stay up, 2 for Wednesday and 2 for Rotherham. I do  feel it’s a straight battle between us and Derby, can’t see Rotherham winning. 

H(ome)/D(raw)/A(way)

DW H - CR H (Derby safe)

DW H - CR D (Derby safe)

DW H - CR A (Derby safe)

DW D - CR H (Derby safe)

DW D - CR D (Derby safe)

DW D - CR A (Rotherham safe)

DW A - CR H (Wednesday safe)

DW A - CR D (Wednesday safe)

DW A - CR A (Rotherham safe)

It's all in Derby's hands, if they win, nothing changes the result. If they draw and Rotherham don't win, they're still safe.

We've got about a 1 in 5 chance, it's time to collect on all those times margins didn't go our way. 😄 

Derby have a terrible home record, WDL = 6/6/10, but Wednesday have the worst away record, 4/2/16

Cardiff actually have a pretty bad home record, 8/5/9, but Rotherham's away record is poor - not as bad as Wedensday's though 6/4/12

So, on those stats alone, Rotherham are more likely to win than Wednesday, but really, a draw at Derby and a Cardiff win does seem the most likely