Halve your wages

6 hours ago, scram said:

I'd do my best as a committed professional hugely blessed to be earning a magnificent living that is the envy of so many

And if it wasn't enough i'd either accept the sanction as a consequence of collective failure - or look to move on

ribery.gif

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Just as a purely hypothetical question, if you were an SWFC player and the chairman had said to you that if you embarrassed him by getting relegated he would halve your wages and if you had a problem with it, you would be free to find yourself a new club - how would you perform for the rest of the season?

Well, given we are more than likely going down because of the 6point deduction then really it’s the Chairmans fault we are going down. So I’d be off to pastures new as soon as I could. I’d play as well as I could without putting my body at risk. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s happening as SWFC. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
9 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Just as a purely hypothetical question, if you were an SWFC player and the chairman had said to you that if you embarrassed him by getting relegated he would halve your wages and if you had a problem with it, you would be free to find yourself a new club - how would you perform for the rest of the season?

7 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Bearing in mind that some of these players are on wages such as £550 per week - around £28k per year - and your boss is saying that shortly he is going to halve your wages and you can either like it or arrange alternative employment.  While you’re in the middle of a relegation battle that is significantly due to the actions of your boss.  

You’re going to be all out committed to that relegation battle?

Also bearing in mind that if you were out of contract and being offered a new one for the following season - knowing that whatever you agree to, the owner is then going to half whatever you’ve signed and you’ll have to lump it or find another club.  You’re going to give your all to a relegation battle?

Itk?

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Genuine question. Who in the first team is on £550 a week?

Uroghide

8 hours ago, Big Malc said:

I would double down and work as hard as I can to avoid relegation so Sylvia the tea lady/kit washer who is on £250 a week doesn’t lose her job due to redundancy from relegation. 

• Like 2

So is there a suggestion that he's done this?

Seems a bizarre and unhelpful "hypothetical" if he hasn't

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

If I worked for a company that was designed to fail by senior management, and said management told me my wages would be halved upon failure, then I'd be looking elsewhere.  

It's May day, a traditional day when we celebrate workers rights.  Seeing people on here defend a billionaire owner delaying wages to contacted workers is very sad.  Seeing people, supposedly working class honest hard-working folk, side with a billionaire that has taken things from our club and put in his own name, all  in the name of business, rather than the side with the people who wear the same badge as the fans.

Billionaires rely on plebs like you.  You are the useful idiots that do the heavy lifting on the ground while they retreat to their mansions.  You are the ones that would rather a foreign owner take everything from our club and community than see a fellow fan have a biscuit in a meeting. 

True. I agree with the principle of what you're saying.

But by the same token you wouldn't have any of those players not giving their all and disrespecting the club in your team would you.....? Be honest.

Managers, players and owners change. The fans and the club don't and they are who the players should be playing for. 

None of these players will be out of pocket at the end of the season and they can toddle off and leach off another club....if they'd have them

Guest wilyfox

So this thread is another attempt to vindicate lacklustre performance from these players. 

Bearing in mind that some of these players are on wages such as £550 per week - around £28k per year - and your boss is saying that shortly he is going to halve your wages and you can either like it or arrange alternative employment.  While you’re in the middle of a relegation battle that is significantly due to the actions of your boss.  

You’re going to be all out committed to that relegation battle?

Come off it.other than maybe Shaw, still on youth terms who would be on those terms? BB?TL? WW?SH? Borner? PP?Patterson? Windass? 

• Like 1

All the players SHOULD have a relegation clause written in their contracts stating that upon relegation their wages will drop by a certain %. 

I would have thought that is standard practice in football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So this thread is another attempt to vindicate lacklustre performance from these players. 

Hard to believe isnt it? evidence is there for all to see on the pitch,week in,week out...but still we see this...how many millionaires run out onto that pitch?

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Come off it.other than maybe Shaw, still on youth terms who would be on those terms? BB?TL? WW?SH? Borner? PP?Patterson? Windass? 

Uroghide