Halve your wages

38 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Wasn’t Urhoghide offered a new contract?

If he’d signed that I’m sure he wouldn’t be on £550 a week. 

He’d be on £1.3k a week

Or £650 when we go down

Which is why he will be playing elsewhere

5 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

I’m also not talking about relegation release clauses here - I’m talking about the chairman getting the team in a zoom call and telling them that no matter what their contract says, if they get relegated he is halving their wages.  He knows he technically can’t do it, but he’s saying it anyway.  And he’s willing to let players walk away for nothing because they’ve failed his target of play-offs as a minimum.  

So the obvious follow-ups...

Has this actually happened, considering you're being very persistent and specific on this 'hypothetical'

How do you know?

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So the obvious follow-ups...

Has this actually happened, considering you're being very persistent and specific on this 'hypothetical'

How do you know?

It clearly wasn’t a hypothetical question lol 

Chansiri sort of bloke to fire all the staff at the Xmas party because someone laughed at him.

Probably has had a pool table put in the board room but it is too big to fit.

56 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Also, i am told that DC does not do release clauses or signing on fees *at all* so if that's right, again, he's a bit shrewder and more frugal these days.

But is that real foresight and wisdom, or just plain necessity due to vastly reduced circumstances? 

This zoom call thing is complete and utter testicles. 100pc completely untrue. They haven't even had a zoom call with the chairman at all. Completely fabricated.

What is the motivation for lies like this when we are already bad enough with enough real problems to worry about??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

But is that real foresight and wisdom, or just plain necessity due to vastly reduced circumstances? 

I think it's just a sign in a small way of a lesson being learned. Just like bringing Darren Moore is. Too little, too late.

Also, having red lines like these will massively reduce the pool of players who want to sign.

1 minute ago, dfoster said:

This zoom call thing is complete and utter testicles. 100pc completely untrue. They haven't even had a zoom call with the chairman at all. Completely fabricated.

What is the motivation for lies like this when we are already bad enough with enough real problems to worry about??

I’m not going to quibble about zoom/teams/Skype 

The conversation happened, I 100% trust the source.  If you choose not to believe it that’s fine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

The conversation happened, I 100% trust the source.  If you choose not to believe it that’s fine.

That's quite the claim Malc.

If true and Uroghide was offered 1.3k/650 a week, then that's absolutely outrageous

42 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Either your source is making it up or you are. I am not quibbling about the type of video call, the call itself never happened at all. It's all totally made up.

4 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Either your source is making it up or you are. I am not quibbling about the type of video call, the call itself never happened at all. It's all totally made up.

Well I’m not making it up and there is no reason for my source to be doing so.  We will see.

Guest Hornsby
12 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Just as a purely hypothetical question, if you were an SWFC player and the chairman had said to you that if you embarrassed him by getting relegated he would halve your wages and if you had a problem with it, you would be free to find yourself a new club - how would you perform for the rest of the season?

I d wanna know why Baz just got a juicy new deal for 3 years on £30,000 per week, and no relegation clause.

Then i d check my contract to see if Chansiri has power to do this.

Then i d play like Atty to earn myself a nice new contract ,  even at another club.

Edited by Hornsby

11 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Bearing in mind that some of these players are on wages such as £550 per week - around £28k per year - and your boss is saying that shortly he is going to halve your wages and you can either like it or arrange alternative employment.  While you’re in the middle of a relegation battle that is significantly due to the actions of your boss.  

You’re going to be all out committed to that relegation battle?

I fought in war zones for a lot less money than that a year they wanna think themselves lucky!