Halve your wages

Just as a purely hypothetical question, if you were an SWFC player and the chairman had said to you that if you embarrassed him by getting relegated he would halve your wages and if you had a problem with it, you would be free to find yourself a new club - how would you perform for the rest of the season?

I would be on the blower to the PFA to check out my legal rights and sayingFU Wednesday, which in view of some of our "performances" this season may well have happened.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, scram said:

I'd do my best as a committed professional hugely blessed to be earning a magnificent living that is the envy of so many

And if it wasn't enough i'd either accept the sanction as a consequence of collective failure - or look to move on

Bearing in mind that some of these players are on wages such as £550 per week - around £28k per year - and your boss is saying that shortly he is going to halve your wages and you can either like it or arrange alternative employment.  While you’re in the middle of a relegation battle that is significantly due to the actions of your boss.  

You’re going to be all out committed to that relegation battle?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Also bearing in mind that if you were out of contract and being offered a new one for the following season - knowing that whatever you agree to, the owner is then going to half whatever you’ve signed and you’ll have to lump it or find another club.  You’re going to give your all to a relegation battle?

• Like 1

It’s a strange one really because you’d need to look at the bigger picture. To start on -12 points through no fault of your own but then the man who’s fault that is states if you get relegated or embarrass me then you will have your wages halved or be free to leave. Legally he couldn’t do that anyway as each player has a contract and I doubt any agent worth their salt would agree to that being subsequently added into a player contract.

Me personally though my pride would mean I treat each game the same and would be fully committed. Unfortunately at the professional level you can’t carry even one player who isn’t fully at it or you’ll get punished.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, scram said:

I'd do my best as a committed professional hugely blessed to be earning a magnificent living that is the envy of so many

And if it wasn't enough i'd either accept the sanction as a consequence of collective failure - or look to move on

That isn’t football in 2021.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scram said:

lol

It's not an Enid Blyton novel Scram

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

No one is going to play the same having seen only part of their wages paid in. Hard times but a multi millionaire would ensure at all costs the staff got their contracted wages ESPECIALLY after the negativity of a points deductions plus fighting relegation. It’s simple stuff really but there you have it this guy has had a go at playing football club owner, taken a gamble and totally left this beloved historic club in tatters.....UTO. 

• Like 1

Depends - under £5000 = small claims court, above £5000 = mega bucks lawyers.

More to the point, our reputation is in tatters. Would you JOIN an outfit that doesn't honour it's obligations ? That doesn't pay you on time and has been found guilty of manipulating rules and regulations ?

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Manwë said:

If I worked for a company that was designed to fail by senior management, and said management told me my wages would be halved upon failure, then I'd be looking elsewhere.  

It's May day, a traditional day when we celebrate workers rights.  Seeing people on here defend a billionaire owner delaying wages to contacted workers is very sad.  Seeing people, supposedly working class honest hard-working folk, side with a billionaire that has taken things from our club and put in his own name, all  in the name of business, rather than the side with the people who wear the same badge as the fans.

Billionaires rely on plebs like you.  You are the useful idiots that do the heavy lifting on the ground while they retreat to their mansions.  You are the ones that would rather a foreign owner take everything from our club and community than see a fellow fan have a biscuit in a meeting. 

👏 

38 minutes ago, Manwë said:

If I worked for a company that was designed to fail by senior management, and said management told me my wages would be halved upon failure, then I'd be looking elsewhere.  

It's May day, a traditional day when we celebrate workers rights.  Seeing people on here defend a billionaire owner delaying wages to contacted workers is very sad.  Seeing people, supposedly working class honest hard-working folk, side with a billionaire that has taken things from our club and put in his own name, all  in the name of business, rather than the side with the people who wear the same badge as the fans.

Billionaires rely on plebs like you.  You are the useful idiots that do the heavy lifting on the ground while they retreat to their mansions.  You are the ones that would rather a foreign owner take everything from our club and community than see a fellow fan have a biscuit in a meeting. 

I dont think anyone is siding with Chansiri just that they cant whip up much sympathy for moderately talented but very wealthy footballers having to wait an extra week for they wages.

I agree the players should be paid in full and on time and this situation happening again hints at bigger problems in the near future.

• Like 1