Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

11 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Won’t this just lead to the six clubs fading into obscurity as far as the English game and fans are concerned.

Won’t this lead to the six members of the new European league being expelled from the Premier League

Won’t this lead to other well run and supported clubs like Everton, West Ham , Leicester, Villa, Newcastle and Wolves becoming the new top six.

Sounds to me like the six clubs are treading a very dangerous path.

And how many fans of other clubs, like us really care if Leicester or villa win the premier League and we can't watch Tottenham v arsenal on a Sunday afternoon

The bottom line is that these foreign owners don't relate to the fans, don't value them and with the cash from this, don't need them. Probably end up with empty stadium matches for TV like the last year shown in the local imax

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scram said:

Completely disagree

Where did 30k Arsenal fans appear from - at prices most thought would never be acceptble?

Football evolves - look where it was 30 years ago

Morals have gone

If you don't want your ticket, well there's a queue of people begging for it....

They might say now they want to watch their team vs Burnley - but most aren't gonna boycott seeing them week in/out against Bayern/Real/Juve etc - they just won't

I disagree on the hardcore fans. I think a fair proportion of the true fans would turn away from this if it meant getting kicked out of the domestic leagues.

The trouble is the clubs wouldn't be bothered about that because they could still easily fill the stadiums with day trippers and corporate or even pay people to fill the seats as the money is from the TV audience not the stadium crowd. 

5 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I think all this was inevitable since the top 4 became the top 6. 6 just doesn't go into 4, where as 2 of the big 6 will miss out on Champions League football.

Also, Arsenal are struggling to qualify for Europa League. That costs money and stops them from competing against the other clubs.

So the owners of the businesses will of course want European Football guaranteed. And Mark Palios made a great point. In sport you welcome competition. In business you squash the competition. This is about squashing the competition. Chelsea/Liverpool etc do not want West Ham/Leicester etc starting to threaten to qualify for the Champions League and threaten their status of being an elite club.

Spurs are the biggest scammers in this, literally have won nothing but since they have qualified for CL a few times somehow form a ‘big 6’. How are they there and Leicester are not? Just cos they have a big ground in London? 

Guest whowantstoberich
10 hours ago, sibon said:

They all need to be expelled from the PL. The players who register for those clubs should be barred from any UEFA or FIFA tournaments.

Why should our national team suffer 

As a life long football fan and Wednesdayite, the idea of these clubs appalled me, but then I got to considering what has happened oer the last season. We have had a full season WITHOUT fans, and football has kept going, mainly as a TV show. For the top six clubs , this begs the question, 'Do they NEED fans in the grounds?'. I am sure that , were the fans of these clubs to be asked their preferences -Do youwant regular football to which you can travel, or do you want to be always playing clubs from overseas?' you might find a different answer. 

Imagine the difference between travelling every other week to clubs in England ,or going overseas every other week And don't forget - this is a proposed MID-WEEK league

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Spurs are the biggest scammers in this, literally have won nothing but since they have qualified for CL a few times somehow form a ‘big 6’. How are they there and Leicester are not? Just cos they have a big ground in London? 

Exactly that, makes you wonder how long plans have been in the pipeline.   

• Like 1

It’s inevitable that this was going to happen in some form or another 

It may allow Celtic and Rangers to enter the Re structured Premiership if they don’t get a invite to the super league 

Times they are a changing 

UEFA crying foul at this 😂

Remind us who turned the CL into a watered down, never ending knockout to televise more games for more money?

And UEFA cup into a league to televise more matches for more money?

Selling both tournaments’ rights to the highest bidders. 

Total hypocrisy on their part. 
Any governing body whining is because of one thing: loss of revenue.

Nothing more. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

The PL wont kick them out..imagine negoaiting the next tv rights without those 6 in the league...nobody overseas is interested in burnley v wolves etc

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He doesn't.

Why?

I want it to happen. They'll be forgotten about in an instant. Winning the top division or a domestic cup will still be as prestigious as it is/was with them in it.

It potentially gives us a chance to be competitive again.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I thought this originally, but I’m increasingly starting to think it’s a bit of a naive view. Almost everything people are angry about today is something these people and clubs don’t care about. They want the money from this Super League and they are not bothered about people’s hot air regarding history, tradition, competition or fans. 

The clubs have announced they’re doing it. The veil is off. It’ll either happen now or the next time there’s a negotiating position that needs more leverage than they can get.

Maybe you're right and i'm taking the naive view, it's just fishy with the timing when UEFA are about finalise the Champions League changes today/this week.  I do agree that it'll happen eventually whether this time or the next time UEFA do something the elite don't like

Siding with UEFA on anything still feels wrong, 

They're all corrupt money grubbing shysters, they all deserve each other frankly

The Premier League will not take any hardened stance on this because it effects their monies if clubs are punished. The talk of relegations/deductions is fanciful stuff because TV companies will not pay to cover the division when it’s greatest participants for revenues and viewing figures are not in it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What, no Leeds?

I thought that they're supposed to be on a par with that lot, or so they keep telling us.

How will they be able to maintain a rivalry with Man Utd if the latter are in a Super League.

Tut tut.

lol

My Sentiments exactly.lol

I don't watch Premier League football, personal choice, I like to keep things real rather than watch spoiled rich kids play acting. There's no way the breakaway clubs will get a penny from me. I won't watch the games, I will not buy the merchandise.

It's the death knell of football, marketing over reality. Money grabbing in the extreme. Sadly it's the way of the world now. I will watch Wednesday and our league, the rest is dead to me. I'd rather watch a kick about in the park.

• Like 3