Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When we win the 2025 FA Cup united fans will mock us for celebrating a weak competition and is not worth the paper it's written on. And we will secretly agree with them.

It's going to weaken the whole structure of the game there is nothing good about this.  Just very rich people plotting to become even richer. 

We can only beat who we're playing. Fans will move on

Also just because 'fan groups' who are likely made up of local, traditional fans of these clubs are opposed means jack because the reason these clubs are now super rich is due to world wide support and this is for them. They don't actually need these local fans.I've been saying for years it's not good that these new markets are getting involved, all this online fan banter helps fuel it. Anyway even you're Man Utd fan in Kent will end up supporting super league because by nature they're fickle, if Man Utd are in a new competition and it's cheaper than Sky because they can subscribe to super league.com for 7.99 a month it's gonna happen. Eventually local fans will then return to their clubs after a small boycott...just look at FC United of Manchester.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Brexit would mean our leagues would no longer be full of foreign mercenaries, top flight clubs would look to buy lower league players again.

The new player rules from Brexit won't stop Prem teams getting foreign imports. Realistically, any foreign player a Premier League team will want will have accrued enough points to be allowed to sign.

What the post-Brexit rules will do is stop lower league teams from being able to get foreign players. The top league will be unaffected. 

Personally,I'd let them go and ban clubs and players who participate from all other FA, FIFA, UEFA competitions.

Will be interesting what happens with the EPL. I'm no fan, they've lorded it over the rest of football for years, blackmailing the football pyramid to live off scraps. So wonder how they'd react when their box office clubs aren't their, left with Burnley, Crystal Palace etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Perhaps the Premier League should get on the phone to Rangers and Celtic and offer them a place in the Premier League next season?

I was dead against them going straight into the Premier League without qualifying through promotion via the pyramid, but in the extraordinary scenario of 6 clubs being excluded this would be an obvious way to fill two of the gaps. Plus would also show the 6 clubs that this is serious - once they take this step there is no way back.

How come they Havnt been invited to join footballs elite? 

Or have they?? 

I remember talk of a British super league some years before we changed to Premier league  as the big two pushed to join the English league. 

• Thanks 1

When your team is joining the pub league next season, do you really care if 6 teams you never watch are joining some 'super league'?

They've done it before. They left the Football League to create the separately self-governed Premiership.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We can only beat who we're playing. Fans will move on

Also just because 'fan groups' who are likely made up of local, traditional fans of these clubs are opposed means jack because the reason these clubs are now super rich is due to world wide support and this is for them. They don't actually need these local fans.I've been saying for years it's not good that these new markets are getting involved, all this online fan banter helps fuel it. Anyway even you're Man Utd fan in Kent will end up supporting super league because by nature they're fickle, if Man Utd are in a new competition and it's cheaper than Sky because they can subscribe to super league.com for 7.99 a month it's gonna happen. Eventually local fans will then return to their clubs after a small boycott...just look at FC United of Manchester.

I agree with most of what you say but still maintain that the remaining clubs will be playing meaningless games.  Hopefully that will be the weak point of this idea and the footballing community as a whole will fight tooth and nail to see off this selfish thought out idea. 

Guest T Hardy
12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

When we win the 2025 FA Cup united fans will mock us for celebrating a weak competition and is not worth the paper it's written on. And we will secretly agree with them.

It's going to weaken the whole structure of the game there is nothing good about this.  Just very rich people plotting to become even richer. 

People said the same about Sky coming into football and the start of the Premier League. 

The reaction I see is “they don’t care about the fans, just going where the money is” etc, is this a revolutionary concept big clubs taking their fans for a ride?

It’s been talked about for years, I’m surprised that people are so.. surprised to be honest. 

Having said all this, I do think the reaction from fans and the press to this might make them scrap this idea. 

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

People said the same about Sky coming into football and the start of the Premier League. 

The reaction I see is “they don’t care about the fans, just going where the money is” etc, is this a revolutionary concept big clubs taking their fans for a ride?

It’s been talked about for years, I’m surprised that people are so.. surprised to be honest. 

Having said all this, I do think the reaction from fans and the press to this might make them scrap this idea. 

This is on a whole different level. 

46 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes and the irony of Liverpool people like Murphy saying the ESL will be boring, a closed shop, same teams etc. The top of English football has been boring and predictable for the majority of the PL seasons, apart from 1 miracle season it’s been the same clubs at the top of the league and winning the cups for about 20 years, as they can sign up the best players with their wealth.  We know with about 95% accuracy that Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool will win the league and that Chelsea, Man City or arsenal will win the cups.  That’s become the norm

This may be a good chance for wealth to be shared amongst more clubs in English football 

I think you’re right about it potentially being a good opportunity for the ‘lower clubs’.

I think the biggest thing for teams like us is how the premier league is impacted by this European super league. Will there be as much money available for clubs participating in the premier league, will there be less tv money and therefore less owners buying championship clubs in order to get to the so called promised land? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

The premier league isn’t a closed shop though is it?

The whole thing stinks.

The idea of those teams who happen to be at the top of the game at this moment in time creating a closed shop which will remain set in stone for all time is disgusting.

If this had happened 15 years ago, Manchester City wouldn't get a look-in; 25 years ago, Chelsea would be nowhere near, etc..

Neither Tottenham nor Arsenal even qualified for the Champions League this season, and it's looking like they're going to miss out again. No wonder they think this is a great idea!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Sky and the PL while bad for the game imo didn't eliminate the basic premise of competition, it had rewarded these clubs who happened to be at the top when the money came in, but that's life. I'm against the current PL and the obscene money in football and hope this bullshit causes a reset and regulations to be imposed domestically that allow us to cap wages against spend, cap ticket prices and get fans involved at board room level  ( I know that's a dream land, but one can hope) 

This league is remove the element of competition, and what happens in year 5 when people are bored of PSG v spurs. 

Why do spurs even get in, or arsenal, or AC Milan, they're all pathetic clubs. Atheltico? ******** do one you set of throbber and let the game reset 

Just now, vulva said:

It’s the players that hold the key to this. 

How do you work that out? The big agents will already be rubbing their hands in anticipation, and its already been noted that no major player have made their views known. Which makes you think someone has ordered players to keep quiet.

Do hope your right though not being allowed to play in the World Cup might make them think twice.

Guest T Hardy
5 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The premier league isn’t a closed shop though is it?

I wonder if people would be more in favour of it if there was relegation, and promotion to it for league winners.