Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

I mean...he was part of a group of owners who have now twice tried to pretty much destroy the English football pyramid. This time it was so serious, that Liverpool FC faced potential expulsion from their domestic league.

Sure they'll be plenty of Liverpool fans who lap it up, but I suspect the die hards won't forgive or forget what their owners did.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

In years to come this will be used as an example taught to Business Studies students of how not to launch something.

Not one ounce of thought when into the people who the club exist for, the fans. 
The whole venture got the treatment it deserved!

That said, I’m still disappointed we didn’t get an invite! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

In years to come this will be used as an example taught to Business Studies students of how not to launch something.

There is $5b of JP Morgans money sitting there waiting to be spent on football.

Trust me, this won't go away after a year of financial turmoil for football.  UEFA will have sniffed that money and will be all over it from today.

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Trust me, this won't go away after a year of financial turmoil for football.  UEFA will have sniffed that money and will be all over it from today.

Wonder if they will give us any? I guess not. 

Anyway, the truth is that the ESL ‘Project’ is a reaction to a genuine problem. It was just a greedy and selfish reaction. But yes. There is more to run on this story. 

• Like 1

Looking at the statement by the ESL, and the singling out of the "English Clubs" and external pressure, it's fairly clear that the UK Govt were going to come down so hard on them that the Big 6 would either have to move to the continent, or play only British players.  

Thank you Tories, thank you Boris, and thank you Brexit.  You have saved Football.  

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Absolutely and this was my first thought this morning.

For my money, all this about the fans and sporting integrity is a load of absolute tosh. FIFA and UEFA's biggest problem with the ESL is that they weren't in the loop.

The work that will have gone into the ESL will be shelved and the shady meetings will go behind closed doors to work on it, now with the governing bodies on board sniffing around the financial gains. Give it 5 years and this will be re-badged and re-presented to us with FIFA and UEFA's approval, and at that point it will go through.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Thank you Tories, thank you Boris, and thank you Brexit.  You have saved Football.  

While we're at it, I'd also like to thank the pizza I had yesterday, the decent weather we had over the weekend and former muck star Sasha Grey for helping to prevent the formation of the ESL

• Haha 3

People are saying the players. Managers and fans are innocent and clubs should not be punished with points deductions etc. 

we’ve been shafted by having a poo owner making the wrong decisions. 

let’s see how fifa/uefa/fa act now. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Sheffield United are disappointed  because of their Malta cup record wasn't considered.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not sure what to make of this.

Wow he made me feel sick actually...I mean he says it would have never gone ahead until the fans approval lol 😆...yet they were doing it behind their backs ....unreal.

• Like 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Wow he made me feel sick actually...I mean he says it would have never gone ahead until the fans approval lol 😆...yet they were doing it behind their backs ....unreal.

Stop watching sounded insincere like a kid who had been caught nicking biscuits out of the tin and desperately  chatting poo to talk himself out of it.   

I might have been too harsh.