Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think you have completely misjudged  it, this was not about saving football from itself it was purely about looking after a select few who surprise, surprise turned out to be the ones in debt.   They saw a cash cow and to hell with the rest, they were actually prepared to let potentially dozens of clubs go bust, centuries of heritage and tradition washed away.   Yes, football will have to look at itself and make major changes this is not the end of it just the beginning.

I’ve misjudged in it your opinion. Not in mine I haven’t.

Should be said that no battle has been won here.

The nuclear bomb was stopped but the landscape has already been torched with napalm.

The likes of Sky, BT etc., presenting this as some sort of victory for the fans is quite nauseating frankly. They are very much culpable in this mess.

Root and branch reform needed up and down the pyramid. I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

Well if this forces change for the better then great - i don't think it will and i'm convinced the breakaway group will still end up better off ultimately

There needs to be a fan charter which must include things like wages to turnover at a realiistic level - not the catastrophe it currently is

proper fan representation in the boardroom - not just a few platitudes at talking shops

Cheaper tickets - more access to POTG at decent prices

Much less dicking around with kick off times/days - allowing travelling fans the opportunity of going to away games without having such travel issues as missing last trains/connections etc

Ultimately the outflow of money to players and agents is killing our game and it needs to be rethought and be realistic to the clubs ability to pay

And do away with the ridiculous restrictive practice of P&S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Looking at the statement by the ESL, and the singling out of the "English Clubs" and external pressure, it's fairly clear that the UK Govt were going to come down so hard on them that the Big 6 would either have to move to the continent, or play only British players.  

Thank you Tories, thank you Boris, and thank you Brexit.  You have saved Football.  

I’m not a Tory and didn’t vote for Brexit but to be fair the Uk Government did a good job in this so credit where it’s due. Not sure I could bring myself to actually ‘thank’ them though 😉

45 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Wow he made me feel sick actually...I mean he says it would have never gone ahead until the fans approval lol 😆...yet they were doing it behind their backs ....unreal.

So if their fans would have been happy with it he would have no problems turning his back on the rest of the PL clubs, the whole of the EFL, and the rest of the clubs across Europe. 

C*nt.

• Like 1

Sky can proper fizz off though.

The same channel that built an entire news platform around football transfers.

The same channel that at the start of this season did a pre match promo on Chelsea where they whacked off about the 250 million they'd spent in the summer.

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Thankfully that's over, we can now return to the hypocrisy and apparent morally acceptable greed and self interest of the Premier League.

Talking of hypocrisy, maybe Sky will reflect on this having spent the last 48hrs scrambling for the moral high ground, talking about heritage of football, the importance of fans, while being well aware they turbo charged this culture of greed, themselves changed the dynamic of football for their own ends and blackmail clubs to accept terms, often without any thought for fans. 

FIFA and UEFA don't come out of this well either. Both beset by dishonesty, bribery and corruption. And, let's not think this is anything other than protecting UEFA's £3bn+ revenue.

There's been apparent outrage by authorities to football becoming a cartel, but it already is. Just in a fake format the allows society to turn a blind eye to the money merry go round, which will still and forever more unfairly benefit a few clubs in an effective closed shop.

Yeah, it's time to see out a real path for football, need to have a genuine non tribal discourse and set out where we want to get to.  I would like to see a more level playing field but not sure how we do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah, it's time to see out a real path for football, need to have a genuine non tribal discourse and set out where we want to get to.  I would like to see a more level playing field but not sure how we do that.

Agree, needs some proper robust governance, whether that's an official regulator or not, this collective momentum should be used for positive change. 

I highly suspect the media (in particular Sky) will go back into hiding and the status quo will return, following a wet lettuce of a government review.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree, needs some proper robust governance, whether that's an official regulator or not, this collective momentum should be used for positive change. 

I highly suspect the media (in particular Sky) will go back into hiding and the status quo will return, following a wet lettuce of a government review.

Yeah, it would be nice if it was robust and worthwhile, football is underestimated in the corridors of power.  British football is shown all over the world and gives the country much positiveness abroad.  It should be built on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

There is $5b of JP Morgans money sitting there waiting to be spent on football.

Trust me, this won't go away after a year of financial turmoil for football.  UEFA will have sniffed that money and will be all over it from today.

It's not like it HAS to be spent on football.

They were willing to spend it turn football into a closed shop for the risk-free generation of even more money.

If they aren't able to get away with that, it's not like there aren't plenty of non-football related investments out there.

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sky can proper fizz off though.

The same channel that built an entire news platform around football transfers.

The same channel that at the start of this season did a pre match promo on Chelsea where they whacked off about the 250 million they'd spent in the summer.

Sky’s hypocrisy is amazing.

They’ve made money the focus of the game and paved the way for these owners to try things like this.

And this won’t be the end of it. Can’t help but feel the owners did this to test the waters and gauge the public reaction. They’re not stupid - they knew this would get a significant backlash. At the end of the day they really don’t care what fans think. John Henry can put an apology video out, but balls does he mean it. Just ticking a box.