Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

5 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

The two fatal errors here were the closed shop nature reserved for the self-proclaimed biggest clubs while those deemed inferior could be tossed aside at will, and thinking they could do this while maintaining they could also continue in domestic competitions.

We’ve been saying for years that we think the big clubs will break away and form their own European League.  I think this shows it is closer than we think.  

I believe they will go away, re-group and decide that they still want a super league but they no longer want to participate in the domestic competitions.  They’ll find 20 clubs and still have their closed shop.

They’ve clearly done the maths on this and think they can generate the money required, it just needs a greedy enough owner to see it through.

Nah, they are busted now, none of them will trust each other to see it through.  They will slink away from football hopefully.

The fans don't want another league the present structure is ok just needs tweaking now and again. 

16 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I was just thinking the same....I bet they were all on a conference call and were arguing who went first so all press 'send' together .

Total jokers.

They are scum. The statements are all worded similarly and together to avoid one club being the last to drop out....... I hope the fans of those clubs who have to their credit been very vocal so far continue to pressure these owners to f@ck off. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

That's true.

I still don't know the answer though. If you go in really hard, they will leave anyway.

So what ? 

I don't agree with punishing them too much because this has ended before it started really , the damage has been done to themselves in terms that have a lost the respect by everyone on a trust basis.

Pick the positives out of this mess would be my way...just introduce regulators, laws that this sort of greedy venture can never be exercised again.

Then get rid of VAR.

Edited by TaxiMark

10 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

That's true.

I still don't know the answer though. If you go in really hard, they will leave anyway.

They can't leave. The fans wouldn't tolerate them wanting to stay in the same league with this cushy side number competition. There is zero chance any fan accepts their club not playing in our mainstream competitions period.

Edited by Morepork

Who'd have thought Mike Ashley wasn't the least popular chairman in football anymore 😂

Still guttered the big 6 dildos haven't left tho

Nothing more boring than sky sucking up to them 

I'd relegate them to non league and stick a 5 year transfer ban on them 

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It’s been a pleasure to discuss the ESL with you gentlemen 

Can we keep the thread going to discuss suitable punishment for the owners of the Scum  6?

I'll start the ball rolling with hanging, drawing, quartering, disembowelling with their entrails being burnt before their eyes and beheading!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Bleeding heart liberal

As Billy Connolly once said:

"Ya see, youz peeple, somethin shud be dun aboot yooz peeple, Hangin's tae gud fur youz peeple, nae kiddin'! 

It's a gud kick up the arse ya need!"