From League 1 to the Prem - What Should the Plan Be?

11 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

You need to drive Chansiri out(and hope he dosnt screw you on the ground) 

Hope for a more sensible buyer(all you can do) and have him implement a structure... DOF, CEO and manager working together. Tied with a focus on an academy, all working to the same plan. 

I think some people misunderstand the difference between the chairmen we used to have when the shares were widely owned and many supporters at least had a vote and what we have now.

The club is totally owned by the Chansiri family. They must have spent around £150m and will try to hang on until they can recoup some of that money.

As supporters, the only claim we have is that some of us have season tickets. Otherwise, we have no say other than not to pay to watch. And with the club in such a dreadful state, it really isn’t worth a great deal. 

The only chance is that The Chairman’s family will be so fed up with his losses to date, the opt to but not a penny more in and sell cheap(or file for bankruptcy which could close the whole club). 

On 11/04/2021 at 11:21, heppers said:

So let’s assume we start next season in League 1.

What should the plan be? If DC was to learn from his mistakes, what should we put in place? Which club should we try to copy? 

Support another club..

54 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

I think some people misunderstand the difference between the chairmen we used to have when the shares were widely owned and many supporters at least had a vote and what we have now.

The club is totally owned by the Chansiri family. They must have spent around £150m and will try to hang on until they can recoup some of that money.

As supporters, the only claim we have is that some of us have season tickets. Otherwise, we have no say other than not to pay to watch. And with the club in such a dreadful state, it really isn’t worth a great deal. 

The only chance is that The Chairman’s family will be so fed up with his losses to date, the opt to but not a penny more in and sell cheap(or file for bankruptcy which could close the whole club). 

Honestly... After a long line of bad owners we had.... I understand ownershio in footy better than most these days(by virtue of fighting vs the ownership of Ken bates, cellino and GFH).  I understand chansiri ownership and alarm bells were ringing for me re swfc years ago.... I even said as much on here. 

You need to drive him out.  There are lots of options and oaths you can head down. 

Nothing is guaranteed to work.... But if you think your club is worth fighting for... Either moan on owlstalk or mobilise and fight for your club. 

First thing I'd be doing during lock down is hiring one of those massive projectors and get an (initially polite) message onto the stand... Please sell swfc Mr chansiri. 

If that dost work, go to war. 

Leeds fans did all sorts re bates/cellino. 

It's your club, feel free to ignore me/ take the  ******** out of me... . Or try organise and fight the useless git. 

Edited by Leeds U from sheff
  • Like 1

From League 1 to the Prem - What Should the Plan Be?

In this day and age?

Find a Saudi Prince who wants an excuse to come visit an English mistress on the regular, and wait for the cash injection.

It's a long road to L1 to the PL just due to the finances involved.

Realistically, build a squad to get to the Championship first, make some careful and diligient youth signings with an aim to avoid relegation in the Championship for 3 to 5 years, before making a promotion run with enough young talent to have the quality, but not the costs associated with them and try to go up.  It's a 5 year timetable, at least.  

On 11/04/2021 at 11:21, heppers said:

So let’s assume we start next season in League 1.

What should the plan be? If DC was to learn from his mistakes, what should we put in place? Which club should we try to copy? 

Dare not give you the answer on here.

11 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Honestly... After a long line of bad owners we had.... I understand ownershio in footy better than most these days(by virtue of fighting vs the ownership of Ken bates, cellino and GFH).  I understand chansiri ownership and alarm bells were ringing for me re swfc years ago.... I even said as much on here. 

You need to drive him out.  There are lots of options and oaths you can head down. 

Nothing is guaranteed to work.... But if you think your club is worth fighting for... Either moan on owlstalk or mobilise and fight for your club. 

First thing I'd be doing during lock down is hiring one of those massive projectors and get an (initially polite) message onto the stand... Please sell swfc Mr chansiri. 

It's your club, feel free to ignore me/ take the  ******** out of me... . Or try organise and fight the useless git. 

There's only one protest worth doing, I'm loosening my shoe laces as we speak.

On 11/04/2021 at 11:24, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri dosnt have a plan, never has. He came in, threw vast amounts of money at getting the golden ticket to the prem and failed. Since then its been a slow painful death. I honestly feel we are more likely to go down to league two than cone back up next season. 

You know how we traditionally play Stocksbridge in a pre-season friendly. Well in a couple of years this'll be a league game.outside the EFL

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

Chansiri has a plan but we all need to stop being tight and buy into it...10 Year Premiership Return Season Ticket

"Backdated to the years of the Premiership? Interesting. I think you're onto something, my boy!" 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

I’ve felt for a very long time that if as seems likely we are relegated for a third time to League 1 in 18 years we won’t survive this relegation as a club.

In the past the fans have been up for the fight, not this time. A combination of poor football, an inept owner who doesn’t seem even now after 7 seasons involved with the club to have a grasp on how to run a football club properly, over a year of not attending games because of the pandemic and what lies ahead League 1 football at premier league prices?

It’s just not going to fly and understandably so. I think Darren Moore could build something sustainable and potentially special but this needs the owner to let him have the freedom and support to do so which is probably unlikely?

It’s not a massive surprise that for the third relegation in a row the club are at loggerheads with an organisation. The first time and this time it was and will be with a fans group, the second time it was a desperate battle with the authorities to keep the club afloat.

History and the same mistakes keep getting repeated at this club and until someone comes in with an understanding and clear plan to sort things out and take things forward this will keep happening and will unfortunately continue to do so because Sheffield Wednesday and doing the right things, the simple things just don’t go together, never have, never will. Sheffield Wednesday has always been a circus for all the wrong reasons, always has been, always will be.

On 11/04/2021 at 11:24, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri dosnt have a plan, never has. He came in, threw vast amounts of money at getting the golden ticket to the prem and failed. Since then its been a slow painful death. I honestly feel we are more likely to go down to league two than cone back up next season. 

That's true.

But he didn't have much choice.

He came into a club which had had little investment for a decade and a half, and little in the way of youth development.

"Sustainability" takes years to implement, and the fans were impatient for a PL return.

P&S means that a club can only spend so much per season, so to make up for the under-investment of his predecessors Channers spent 5 years cash in two years and gambled on going up.

Like anything else, in order to progress in life, a person (or entity) must recognise it's weaknesses and failings.

Then put a plan together that addresses those failings, act upon them and then see the growth.

DC has to accept that he's failed at being the  chairman of a football club.

There's nothing wrong with admitting you're not naturally good at something. We all have talents and abilities that others do not.

But in this case, DC needs to recognise that and say 'I'm not cut out for this, I still want the best for the club but I'm now prepared to just sit in the background and pay whatever it takes to hire the best in the business for the level we're at to do this job for me'.

Until this happens, nothing else at this club can progress with any real solid foundation.

A man who cannot admit to his weaknesses and mistakes is doomed to repeat them and live with them forever.

11 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

This is the correct answer. You’re not going anywhere but further down the leagues with Chansiri in charge. The only bit I’d disagree with is that you should skip the politeness phase and go straight to war.  From an outsider’s point of views the man has been taking the ******** out of you for the past 4 years and using the club as an ego trip. He has no concept of the fact that fans will always own a football club, regardless of whose name is on the deeds. 

• Like 1

On the pitch we need a few cult heroes who want the shirt , a bit of quality and a plan that gets all the club together and some unity , off the pitch we need a clear direction and to be honest we need a good amount of time without any negative stories such as players not paid / threat of embargo / points deductions  etc etc 

15 hours ago, Aingarth said:

How many of the 'supporters were shareholders? It's a myyth. I lnow. I once tried buying some shares, but tey were rarely on the marlet. Most were held by local 'big-wigs'