From League 1 to the Prem - What Should the Plan Be?

I can see the only working option being that we establish a normal business unit which runs all the operations related to the club. Everything starts from the business, if it's not working, it doesn't matter much what happens on the pitch.

Of course we already know it won't happen unless the club is sold.

We should be buying young players from lower leagues who can be developed by Moore and use loans from Premiership.

The players that we bring in all need to be comfortable on the ball, as well as having more pace, strength and power something our squad servery lacks.

Youd like to think that the players we sign can do well in League One and then make the step up to the championship without too much problem.

27 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He could implement a plan for getting out of League 1. Of course he will, in his own mind, but even if he does he wouldn't let supporters know what it is. The club have never broken down their aims to supporters. Instead it's just 'PREMIERSHIP'. It makes an absolute mockery of the ownership and also treats fans like idiots. Fans want to be invested in the clubs strategy, they want to know which areas the club sees as strength to move forward. It might even allow the fan base to remain more patient and understanding in tough times. Are we a club that wants to recruit and sell players on, are we wanting to promote our youth, do we want an identity or style on the pitch, are we making a push to improve the commercial side of the club, are we trying to fill the stadium up again or are we just happy to alienate and kill off the fan base. What are the club showing the fans so that we have to buy tickets because we are excited. Answer is NOTHING. The club offers nothing. The ownership hides. The strategies are short term failures. The way this club is run is nothing short of an abomination. That is why we are going to League 1. We deserve it. DC deserves it. 

From DC's point of view whatever he suggests will get abuse from some of the fans. He's right of course, we all see the way forward differently, but he needs to accept that this is the reality of modern football ownership.  I'm not saying we don't need a strategy because that is exactly what we do need, he just needs to accept it will be criticised. Even though there will be push back the majoirity will get behind it if we can see the strategy working and it is applied consistently.

If he doesn't want to get criticised he needs a director of football who can take the flak for him. Choosing advisors wisely might also help. The other alternative is to sell up.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Chansiri dosnt have a plan, never has. He came in, threw vast amounts of money at getting the golden ticket to the prem and failed. Since then its been a slow painful death. I honestly feel we are more likely to go down to league two than cone back up next season. 

Agreed. I've said for months, I believe we are going straight through league one. And I don't mean upwards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heppers said:

So let’s assume we start next season in League 1.

What should the plan be? If DC was to learn from his mistakes, what should we put in place? Which club should we try to copy? 

Ask Chris Wilder 

Well it's going to be difficult enough just getting out of league 1, with a complete squad rebuild, and a manager who seems to instill a pleasing style of play, but who has not yet achieved a promotion anywhere.

So let's focus on that part first, before we start any kind of fanciful notions of getting back to the top table. It's been over 20 years, and there is absolutely no sign whatsoever that the promised land is achievable within the next 5 years, the rate we are going.

Recruit a young, energetic squad who fit into the ethos and playing style. Be courageous in our play, but get the basics right too. 

As for DC, keep your nose out of on field matters, and sort out the rest of the trainwreck.  And here lies the problem, because we know that he is utterly incapable of doing either of those things.

I fear it's going to be a long hard road back to the championship, never mind the PL.

• Like 1

Just now, BRADDO said:

Agreed. I've said for months, I believe we are going straight through league one. And I don't mean upwards. 

He will just continue exactly the same next season believing he knows best and another relegation battle will happen. 

• Like 1

I find it hard to engage in this sort of discussion with Chansiri still in charge. He’s really put me in a place where I feel like I just don’t care.

Whatever our plan should be, you can be confident that isn’t what Chansiri will do.

The plan should start with removing him from any decisions whatsoever 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

He will just continue exactly the same next season believing he knows best and another relegation battle will happen. 

Yep, an Moore will have to recruit around certain 'parameters' imposed by DC and Paxo. That won't end well. 

• Like 1

Complete change of direction.

Competent experienced DOF .

Competent experienced commercial / general manager.

Get the right people involved & let them do their jobs.

Will this happen under DC not a chance in hell .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

I find it hard to engage in this sort of discussion with Chansiri still in charge. He’s really put me in a place where I feel like I just don’t care.

Whatever our plan should be, you can be confident that isn’t what Chansiri will do.

The plan should start with removing him from any decisions whatsoever 

100%

• Like 1

The plan should be for Chansiri to stay wherever he is appoint someone to run the club in the uk and leave well alone.

Said person then sits down with Moore discusses what direction he wants to take onfield what changes he wants to make off off field and they go about it over a long period of time. 

• Like 1

We need a 20-goal striker; hungry young players who work to a plan and tirelessly - and unlike this mob for 90mins+.

We need an experienced keeper - the three we currently have can go for me.

The club should always be able to attract players - the key is getting the right players who fit the plan - the plan should come first before recruitment.

buy to sell for profit, it is not a difficult model to follow and one done by all clubs except Madrid/Barca/Man Utd. Why should we be any different? He needs to drop the Thai ethos and if he can't let someone else run it day to day and have faith in a new model cos its patently obvious his way isn't working 

First thing we should be doing is any player that will not be here next season should not play another game.

We should have a look at any youngsters and give them some game time to see are ready to step up to league one.

We should be looking at any potential targets for league one, highlighting where we need to improve the squad, working out our budget.  Getting a small team of scouts to identify potential prospects.  We should be looking at premier league youth teams and starting to see if there could be any season long loan deals for some up and coming stars.

The club needs to have every department going over looking at its efficiency.  We need to look for longer term revenue streams, even if we think outside of the box like united did with the hotel.  I dont know if it exists but how about summer camp for kids where we use our coaches and players during the close season rather than just closing the club.   Look to see (Obviously post covid) if there is any way we can turn Hillsborough into a music venue or something to create extra revenue.  We need to become a leaner club, we need to get the right backroom staff in, we need to have some kind of USP.  How about free under 16 ticket with every ticket bought apart from the top games, in league one we are going to have a massive stadium and will struggle to fill even half of it, having a free ticket to those under 16 will encourage dads to take their sons to games which will create a new generation of fans going to the club, it will cost very little if not be cost neutral but long term could really be a big gain, become a family friendly club.