Your first SWFC match

Really interesting that the majority of the responses seem to be from the 60s and 70s.

Mine was January 1995 against Wolves in the FA Cup. 0-0 draw after my favourite player, Chris Bart-Williams missed a late penalty.

I lived in West Yorkshire so my only option was for my dad to take me. He wouldn't give up his Saturdays so I only got to the odd midweek game. Must have picked them poorly because it took me over 3 years to see us score. I seemed to curse the team to 0-0 draws and the occasional defeat.

Didn't see us score until I was old enough to catch the train and tram in '98.

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Didn't play Blackpool home in 65,

But it was one of these 2 you went to

19/12/1964 won 4-1 or

04/04/1966 won 3-0

must have been 66 then remember it being sunny and warm so can't see it being 64 thanks for that memory not what it was

• Like 1

Crystal Palace or Norwich I think 82/83 season, can't remember the score without looking if up, but I have a feeling it was a bore draw. 

Whichever game came first, regular from the promotion season to the end of the 92 season. 

1965 v West Ham, on the kop. There was this w h player, fair hair, always in the right place, never missed a tackle or even hardly had to tackle cos he was always there first, brilliant passes out of defence. 

Who's that number 6 I asked my older mate. 

'It's Bobby bloody Moore you prat' he helpfully replied. 

Him and George Best still the best players I've ever seen. 

• Haha 1

First home game of the season, 1995 v Blackburn. 

Had it in my head for years that Hirst scored, but looking back it was Waddle & Pembridge. 

I was only 5 at the time, and I couldn't see anything, and probably wasn't that interested. 

Went with my Uncle who is a Wednesday fan, so is my mum. My dad is a Liverpool fan but more interest in Rugby League. All my mum's side are United fans so thank bloody goodness she and my uncle scooped me up and protected me from the shame of supporting our less superior and far smellier neighbours. 

Moved to Sheffield early summer 2000. First game was a 3 2 defeat by Huddersfield in August.

I was in my 20s, young and naive. Ridiculous as it sounds now, I wasnt even that sure where Huddersfield actually was?? But I knew Wednesday were a big club and was genuinely excited about this incoming "Return to the Premier".

Expected a routine victory and instead got the following 21 years condensed into some kind of 90 minute "trailer".

22 September 1990

Leicester City 2 - 4 Sheffield Wednesday

What a season to start going. Went to a few more that season (Including the Rumbelows Cup Final) and starting going more regularly the season after

12 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

This was mine. 

593A6AAE-B42C-44BC-90F7-745CA1F29ACD.jpeg

If I remember right we scored very early on in this game but couldn't add to it, and the West Ham fans seemed to sing the same chant continuously from beginning to end of the game. The ******** never stopped.

Sheff Wed 1 - 2 Liverpool in Feb 1995

Wasn't a long term SWFC fan at that point, I was a Chris Waddle fan and wanted to watch him play...so my parents bought me tickets for this match as my birthday present

https://www.11v11.com/matches/sheffield-wednesday-v-liverpool-25-february-1995-22027/

Waddle was awful and subbed at HT (turned out he was ill) - but that was my first Hillsborough visit and been a SWFC fan ever since. Still love the Waddler too though.

23 October 1976

Shrewsbury Town     H      0-1

Our family had season tickets in the West Stand and this match was clearly the perfect introduction to watching Wednesday. 

It was a great place to start as a sort of baseline as to what success is. Anything above this is good, there isn’t really much below. 

Yet.

17 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

If I remember right we scored very early on in this game but couldn't add to it, and the West Ham fans seemed to sing the same chant continuously from beginning to end of the game. The ******** never stopped.

I remember playing em year after.

Their lad up top Trevor Morley, so the rumour went, had been shaggin about and his Mrs had discovered him with his pants down and stabbed him in the a'rse.

It int funnt domestic violence, but as a teenage kid I admit I thought it was reight funny when the KOP chimed up

.🎵"One Mrs Morley, there's only one Mrs Morley!"🎵

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.