Win on Saturday...

7 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

And Coventry and Birmingham will both be looking nervously over their shoulder. Yes, performances have not been good enough at all this season, but let's not lose all hope yet. There's still 13 games left and, although some players look uninterested, the majority have to fight for future careers in football, whether their future lies with us or not. It has not been good enough, but try and get behind the team and keep sending support wherever possible. It's far from over yet

I havent' read your posts yet but just wanted to say... if at any time you want to change your username just shout me 

• Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop

It wouldn't shock me at all if we won on Saturday, in fact it wouldn't shock me if we had a little run and chipped away at the points but the point is when we get into a good position we blow it, simple. We don't have that mentality to kick on from a good position.

• Thanks 1

We’re gone lads. The players know it - You can see that in their body language. Not just losing but outplayed at home by 10 men from a team in the bottom 3 tells you all you need to know. Oh, we’ll pick up the odd point, maybe even the odd win, but when you look at who we’ve lost to recently I realistically couldn’t tell where the next point is coming from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/03/2021 at 13:33, Tony Pulis said:

And Coventry and Birmingham will both be looking nervously over their shoulder. Yes, performances have not been good enough at all this season, but let's not lose all hope yet. There's still 13 games left and, although some players look uninterested, the majority have to fight for future careers in football, whether their future lies with us or not. It has not been good enough, but try and get behind the team and keep sending support wherever possible. It's far from over yet

39 points left to play for

Stranger things have happened

I think Neil Thompson dictated much of the team selection and subs in the last game

We'll see more of Moore's ideas in coming weeks

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

4-0 Reading if we are lucky. 
we might manage a 40 yard floaty shot on target from Bannan that’s the closest we’ll get.

I can’t believe I’ve paid a tenner to watch - it’s just that hope we will turn into a class team.

14 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

When was the last time we came from a goal down to win - any takers? Can only assume it was last season. 

Knowing us 20 or 30 years ago or something ridiculous? Everything seems like a lifetime ago following Wednesday. :duntmatter: Seems an age ago since we were last in the top flight and beating some of the top teams. 🙈WTF::ghoulguy:

Guest Therealrealist

I don’t jaou will celebrate when he inevitably notches...seems a good lad just didn’t like sheffield

On 05/03/2021 at 13:20, TomtheOwl95 said:

It wouldn't shock me at all if we won on Saturday, in fact it wouldn't shock me if we had a little run and chipped away at the points but the point is when we get into a good position we blow it, simple. We don't have that mentality to kick on from a good position.

I'm with you on this. I can see us having a 4/5 match unbeaten run fairly soon, closing the gap to a few points then losing a completely winnable game to then set us on the path of 4 or 5 straight losses to put the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I'm with you on this. I can see us having a 4/5 match unbeaten run fairly soon, closing the gap to a few points then losing a completely winnable game to then set us on the path of 4 or 5 straight losses to put the nail in the coffin.

It wouldn't shock me at all if we took 4 points from the next 6 and then lost to Huddersfield at home. This team is much better when they have no pressure on them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

39 points left to play for

Stranger things have happened

I think Neil Thompson dictated much of the team selection and subs in the last game

We'll see more of Moore's ideas in coming weeks

If only I could be this optimistic. Squad is bereft of quality. If I see Kachunga pull on the blue blue white again I might weep.