The Chansiri Thread

6 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Not disagreeing with you, but why post this in a reaction to a poor performance by some absolute waste of players who failed to create a single chance all game. 

same old every week.

You do realise the players we brought in this season worth no more than £500K. They are crap and that’s why they were only £500K. We can only currently buy players for peanuts, because of the owner’s mis-management. 

Also our players are constantly getting injured, because we have a crap training set up, because the owner refuses to invest in anything that could improve the club long term.

Also we continue to lose our half decent academy players because the owner refuses to sort out contracts in a timely manager and runs the club by himself from Thailand.

The owner continues to (allegedly)  listen to advisers who only recommends players that they have an association with.

We currently don’t have a manager because the owner keeps publicly coming out and slagging off the ones that even want to come to the club.

We were deducted 6 points because the owner can’t keep in the P&S rules

We lost out best players last season because the owner allows contracts to run down...

...need I go one?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Don’t trust him at all and think he’s used our club for other illicit means. Simply because I just don’t believe anyone could be so bad and stupid at running a club .Also trusting the same advisors time and again who just screw him over . Players constantly leaving for nothing , signing random players that never play . I’ve thought for a while his use of paxo man is so ridiculously stupid or he’s in on the con. I’m just not clever enough to know what the con is . Money laundering , tax fraud/evasion ?? Expect this to get deleted but don’t really care , just want him gone. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Said it in another thread. Our fan base needs to stop being as apathetic as we have in the past, we might not be able to get our voices heard in the stadium but we need to find a way to let the club know in no uncertain terms that this is unacceptable.

Something like a poll or a petition to gauge the feeling of the fan base and send it to the club. If it was done through the right channels it might even stir up some media interest.

We can’t keep waiting for the club to bottom out.

I was going to suggest everyone writing a letter like we did several years ago (can’t remember who it was??)

but this clown will think it’s ******** fan mail. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TheSlicer said:

I was going to suggest everyone writing a letter like we did several years ago (can’t remember who it was??)

but this clown will think it’s ******** fan mail. 

Well he completely dismissed the genuine structured letter that the supporters group sent him. It shows you what we are up against. Someone that has phycially and mentally bunkered himself in and has put the barriers up. 

• Like 2

The guy is clueless, he is arrogant and he is completely out of his depth running a Championship football club.

When fans are allowed back into the ground we really need to make it very clear to him that he is no longer welcome here.

He has ruined this football club and is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday in my lifetime.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

You do realise the players we brought in this season worth no more than £500K. They are crap and that’s why they were only £500K. We can only currently buy players for peanuts, because of the owner’s mis-management. 

Also our players are constantly getting injured, because we have a crap training set up, because the owner refuses to invest in anything that could improve the club long term.

Also we continue to lose our half decent academy players because the owner refuses to sort out contracts in a timely manager and runs the club by himself from Thailand.

The owner continues to (allegedly)  listen to advisers who only recommends players that they have an association with.

We currently don’t have a manager because the owner keeps publicly coming out and slagging off the ones that even want to come to the club.

We were deducted 6 points because the owner can’t keep in the P&S rules

We lost out best players last season because the owner allows contracts to run down...

...need I go one?

Sorry I forgot to add in that we couldn’t recruit any players in the transfer window because we kept on not paying the players. Another thing the owner is responsible for.

• Like 1

I think too late for me:- 1 year since last attending a game and 65 years since my first match at Hillsborough. My season ticket from August 2019 to May 2022 hardly used. But I have found much more interesting and worthwhile things to do in nearly 12 months of lockdown which are much much less depressing than following a ruined club and team. 

I fear for the club’s future and they owe me a significant refund (which I could choose to donate back if they bothered to treat me with an element of respect). But no attempt to contact me. 
I feel I need to move on and abandon my lifelong support in my autumn years- sorry if this upsets the younger fans, please carry on having faith. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The guy is clueless, he is arrogant and he is completely out of his depth running a Championship football club.

When fans are allowed back into the ground we really need to make it very clear to him that he is no longer welcome here.

He has ruined this football club and is without a doubt the worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday in my lifetime.

Indeed. Some on here say “be careful what you wish for”, but really when you list out all the mis-management that we have seen in Chansiri tenure, has there really been a worse Chairman? 

Even the Allen’s in this clubs history didn’t take the stadium away from the club or cost us actual points with a deduction. 

Just because he threw a bit of cash around in the first two seasons ( and not since) some fans are blinded. 

We need to see if he is true to his word about leaving when he’s not wanted.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aingarth said:

I think too late for me:- 1 year since last attending a game and 65 years since my first match at Hillsborough. My season ticket from August 2019 to May 2022 hardly used. But I have found much more interesting and worthwhile things to do in nearly 12 months of lockdown which are much much less depressing than following a ruined club and team. 

I fear for the club’s future and they owe me a significant refund (which I could choose to donate back if they bothered to treat me with an element of respect). But no attempt to contact me. 
I feel I need to move on and abandon my lifelong support in my autumn years- sorry if this upsets the younger fans, please carry on having faith. 

While he is in charge

4 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Indeed. Some on here say “be careful what you wish for”, but really when you list out all the mis-management that we have seen in Chansiri tenure, has there really been a worse Chairman? 

Even the Allen’s in this clubs history didn’t take the stadium away from the club or cost us actual points with a deduction. 

Just because he threw a bit of cash around in the first two seasons ( and not since) some fans are blinded. 

No, you're absolutely right. He's the worst chairman I've known in my swfc lifetime. Others have been bad but never put us in transfer embargoes or caused us to have points deduction. 

• Like 4

Guest T Hardy
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is all his doing.

The lack of quality, direction, strategy and plan off the pitch and it directly translates on the pitch. It’s a team which is a product of the environment he’s created.

He has been a disaster. Incredible incompetence. 

Very dangerous this man was allowed near a business of this size. The EFL fit and proper test need to be checking this kind of thing. It’s ruining football clubs.

Beat me to it re: fit and proper. How do they tighten the rules though is my worry. I believe it’s just essentially proof of funds currently isn’t it? Even that could eventually prove meaningless should their other business interests fail. I wonder if they could introduce certain triggers, e.g. if the club goes into administration or a points deduction for a breach, supporter’s trust could trigger some sort of a no confidence vote whereby the owner is expelled from ownership and would have to sell the club for 50% of what they bought in for from the first offer. Probably impossible, due to all the regulations that would need bringing in and other business rights it would infringe on.

I’m not sure what the solution is, but they need to do something different, I just don’t think the fit and proper test could ever successfully protect clubs from all terrible owners, which is why I think maybe they need to look at how easy it is to expel club owners from ownership  

11 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Chansiri says a lot of things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Beat me to it re: fit and proper. How do they tighten the rules though is my worry. I believe it’s just essentially proof of funds currently isn’t it? Even that could eventually prove meaningless should their other business interests fail. I wonder if they could introduce certain triggers, e.g. if the club goes into administration or a points deduction for a breach, supporter’s trust could trigger some sort of a no confidence vote whereby the owner is expelled from ownership and would have to sell the club for 50% of what they bought in for from the first offer. Probably impossible, due to all the regulations that would need bringing in and other business rights it would infringe on.

I’m not sure what the solution is, but they need to do something different, I just don’t think the fit and proper test could ever successfully protect clubs from all terrible owners, which is why I think maybe they need to look at how easy it is to expel club owners from ownership  

Didn’t the EFL want Chansiri banned from football for the stadium sale? 

God knows what that would have meant for us mind.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

DC's running of this famous old club, apart from the Wembley season, has been an utter disgrace and a disaster, that's getting worse and worse by the year. How can he justify what's gone on, off the pitch and on it, ever since Wembley?

I have often criticised him after the failed play off campaigns but I did give him a chance to prove me wrong, by repeatedly hoping that he would eventually see sense, ditch the leeches surrounding him and start running the club more sensibly. But things just keep getting worse on and off the pitch, especially off it.

It's time DC realised he's not cut out to be an owner, to cut his losses and sell up, take whatever he can from a more sensible football minded owner and to never run a football club again. It takes some doing but I honestly can't think of a worse owner in football over here at present. It's time to sell up and admit you got it all wrong and go into some other business he's more suited with. The EFL shouldn't let someone like DC anywhere near any football club. 

• Like 1