Bet365 stops taking bets on Carlos returning in the summer

2 minutes ago, ny owl said:

Never understand the hatred of CC.  we finished 6th and then 4th under him.  we were a couple of results away from him being the best manager since Atkinson.  I don't know what people want. Especially after the managers we've seen since him. 

I mean personally, I wanted more than four shots on target in the month of November.

Call me fussy by all means though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ny owl said:

Never understand the hatred of CC.  we finished 6th and then 4th under him.  we were a couple of results away from him being the best manager since Atkinson.  I don't know what people want. Especially after the managers we've seen since him. 

You obviously didnt go to the matches at the end of his tenure.

In fact most of the season ticket holders I know were chosing something different to do.  It was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

• Like 3

Westwood (30)

Hunt (24)       Lees (24)     Loovens (31)  Pudil (29)

López (27)

Lee (26)               Bannan (26) 

Wallace ( 29)        Joao (21)       Forestieri (25)

It was a top ten side

A top ten side with many players at their peak. 

I liked Carlos. I thought he was charismatic and charming. 

But he didn't "over achieve" with that squad.

No where near. 

Was the football better than we'd seen for a while?

Yes.

Look at the front 6!

Stuart gray was trying to get the best from limited attacking talent like Maghoma,  Lavery, Maguire, Coke, May and managed to finish 13th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

The season we finished 4th you wouldn’t take that? Bizarre.

Points total was great, but fell apart in the play offs. I didnt enjoy the football though,  thought that was the start of our negative approach, setting up not to concede and gambling on a 20 minute spell after half time to score, then defending a lead.

With the players and quality we had at that time, it worked, but not pretty or effective long term, as we subsequently found out.

Carlos was at his best  the first season IMO, nothing to lose, go and attack teams. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Westwood (30)

Hunt (24)       Lees (24)     Loovens (31)  Pudil (29)

López (27)

Lee (26)               Bannan (26) 

Wallace ( 29)        Joao (21)       Forestieri (25)

It was a top ten side

A top ten side with many players at their peak. 

I liked Carlos. I thought he was charismatic and charming. 

But he didn't "over achieve" with that squad.

No where near. 

Was the football better than we'd seen for a while?

Yes.

Look at the front 6!

Stuart gray was trying to get the best from limited attacking talent like Maghoma,  Lavery, Maguire, Coke, May and managed to finish 13th.

Disagree on this. 

Bannan & Wallace were frees, Lopez was a loan and FF & Joao cost no more than £5m between them 

Hunt was a modest fee, as was Pudil.

It was shrewd transfer activity that got us in the top six. 

None of those players really joined the club with big reputations. FF was bit part at Watford, Bannan was known in circles but hadn’t cemented a place anywhere he’d been. Joao was unknown at the time 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Disagree on this. 

Bannan & Wallace were frees, Lopez was a loan and FF & Joao cost no more than £5m between them 

Hunt was a modest fee, as was Pudil.

It was shrewd transfer activity that got us in the top six. 

None of those players really joined the club with big reputations. FF was bit part at Watford, Bannan was known in circles but hadn’t cemented a place anywhere he’d been. Joao was unknown at the time 

You disagree that they were good footballers? 

I never mentioned how much they cost.

Just that they were far better footballers and capable of a higher placed finished than the team who'd finished 13th the previous year with much less talent. 

I agree the short lived transfer committee did some very good work before being given the chop...

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Carlos lost the plot with a much better set of players than we have now. He is clearly only returning for another payday and to check out Bannan’s combover. 

I’m saying this is a good idea but I’m open to the idea that he may have learned from his errors.

undoubtedly he delivered the best football I’ve seen at Hillsborough in years

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You disagree that they were good footballers? 

I never mentioned how much they cost.

Just that they were far better footballers and capable of a higher placed finished than the team who'd finished 13th the previous year with much less talent. 

I agree the short lived transfer committee did some very good work before being given the chop...

Good footballers come with a price, and the majority of these were picked up for peanuts. Not saying they weren’t good, but a lot of them hadn’t proved that anywhere else before joining 

Just now, Mister Soul said:

I’m saying this is a good idea but I’m open to the idea that he may have learned from his errors.

undoubtedly he delivered the best football I’ve seen at Hillsborough in years

i could given a 350% increase in wages at the time and 100million pounds worth of contracts given while he was here . any decent manager would have done much better than him. no point even arguing about it . a clown what has caused this club years of problems ,if a decent manager was here money would have been spent better and we would have got promoted , 

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

I've been recently reprimanded for my posts.

So I'm on the fence with this one.

Not reprimanded at all mate

Just checking you're ok as you've been overtly offensive to a few folk for no apparent reason and it's not like you

Was just checking in - not 'reprimanding' you

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

He's exactly the kind of slightly sketchy bullshit artist that DC loves.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he wants him back.

I dont doubt for one minute Chansiri would want him back. He didnt want to sack him in the first place, that much was obvious as was his lack of interest in any of our managers since. 

Put on a brave face with Jos despite the whole of football being bemused by his appointment, looked pissed off when Monk was announced and couldn't be arsed to learn Pulis' first name.