Bet365 stops taking bets on Carlos returning in the summer

Never did tell us what he was going to tell us though did he, old Carlos.

I still wonder now what it was. 

He was under pressure. 

22007576_10156119735866111_1524147458771200684_n.png.5a800245e1feec6029410756a439a4b4.png

There was the twenty pound note episode of course,  which was actually one of my favourite Carlos moments. 

But then there was the cryptic stuff. "There are things you don't know, I will tell you one day when I am gone" 

The cove was it again at Swansea , still talking about "Things at Sheffield I will one day tell them" 

I do wonder if there was anything. Or whether it was merely blather. He was a wonderful blatherer,Carlos. One of the best I've seen. 

Not the shrimp on the barbecue stuff, I think anyone could do that,  but the general stuff.  He had a  easy way with him. I'm not sure how good a manager he was. But I'd certainly have gone to tea with him.

Of course the accent is part of it, part of the charm, I don't think the twenty pound note episode would have worked half as well with a dulcet Birmingham tone or a drawling West Country twang.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Marro said:

We weren’t winning many games in his final season with us.  Carlos is held in high esteem by some and fair dos but there are many others who see his tenure differently.  I think the fan base would be split if he did return.  I can’t see it happening personally.

We have not won many games since, but still people are wanting to blame the head coaches!

As Eric Cantona famously said, "Do you blame the chef, or the man that does the shopping when the customers want an omelettes and there aren't any eggs?". Or, as Megson once explained, when MM would not let him buy Adam Le Fondre, "he wants us to win a grand prix but will only shell out for old bangers", or summat like that. The only difference being that Megson got enough of the actual players that he wanted to get us over the finishing line. When Carlos wanted another three players, because the old guard were already knackered and dropping like flies, in his second play off qualifying season, DC went out and blew the budget on Jordan Rhodes! I have no idea how Carlos managed to get us to the play-offs in that second season, but with so many players missing and it was a big list, he managed to get us over the line, but the team that had to face Huddersfield were made up of the walking wounded and we still got to penalties! In a season when he was slagged off nearly every week by caustic sections of our lovely fans and the players were dropping like flies, I personally thought that he had achieved far more, with far less than the season before.

I do not think he could pull it off again though, we still need fit, determined and skilful players to do that on the pitch, rather than sit together, comparing limps and wounds in the sick bay.

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He was under pressure. 

22007576_10156119735866111_1524147458771200684_n.png.5a800245e1feec6029410756a439a4b4.png

There was the twenty pound note episode of course,  which was actually one of my favourite Carlos moments. 

But then there was the cryptic stuff. "There are things you don't know, I will tell you one day when I am gone" 

The cove was it again at Swansea , still talking about "Things at Sheffield I will one day tell them" 

I do wonder if there was anything. Or whether it was merely blather. He was a wonderful blatherer,Carlos. One of the best I've seen. 

Not the shrimp on the barbecue stuff, I think anyone could do that,  but the general stuff.  He had a  easy way with him. I'm not sure how good a manager he was. But I'd certainly have gone to tea with him.

Of course the accent is part of it, part of the charm, I don't think the twenty pound note episode would have worked half as well with a dulcet Birmingham tone or a drawling West Country twang.

Nowadays, it is the £20 we miss most.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He was under pressure. 

No chance Pulis is scrunching up a twenty pound note.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He was under pressure. 

Bet he was just salty about a dressing down he received from dc at some point for messing up.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
43 minutes ago, Marro said:

We weren’t winning many games in his final season with us.  Carlos is held in high esteem by some and fair dos but there are many others who see his tenure differently.  I think the fan base would be split if he did return.  I can’t see it happening personally.

wheels fell off 3rd year, we know that. Carlos had his faults, but did some good things too so I don’t understand why people exaggerate things to be worse than they really were.

I don’t think Carlos will return. Can’t see why he’d want to at present. Things seem to be going well for him at the moment. Plus, as I’ve said, I don’t believe Chansiri would fund another push under Carlos. We’ve spent the last 3yrs living out the consequences of the big overspend during the Carlos years, and I don’t think he could repeat what he did without substantial investment to sign the type of quality he had before.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Good manager.

Wouldnt have him back.

Can we please please stop looking into the past?

Are things that desperate? 

(the answer is probably yes)

Guess the problem is whenever we look forward we get it wrong...

Think DC should just have a raffle for the new manager.

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Only the streets remember Sougou 

Remember at QPR when that ******** Clint Hill poleaxed him? 

Clean through one on one.

Hacked down.

Badly injured (dislocated shoulder I think).

straight red for Clint Hill.  No

Yellow card. No

Free kick. No

Play on. Yes.

I've been following SC Bragas results. Dont know why. Not that I'm a huge CC fan after his cowardice v Huddersfield.

Anyway they are doing well and possibly will make Champions League.

He's obviously not the clown of legend but i wouldn't want him back if he is daft enough to want it.

2 hours ago, Marro said:

To be fair the fans have been split about every manager since except Bruce and that little love affair soon soured when he jilted us fo Newcastle.

I suspect the fans have been split since the day we appointed our first manager.

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I have no idea how Carlos managed to get us to the play-offs in that second season, but with so many players missing and it was a big list, he managed to get us over the line, but the team that had to face Huddersfield were made up of the walking wounded and we still got to penalties! In a season when he was slagged off nearly every week by caustic sections of our lovely fans and the players were dropping like flies, I personally thought that he had achieved far more, with far less than the season before.

I do not think he could pull it off again though, we still need fit, determined and skilful players to do that on the pitch, rather than sit together, comparing limps and wounds in the sick bay.

A valid point but you have to remember we had so many injuries because the players never trained like they do under a normal manager.

His preseasons were a joke, the players weren't fit for the first few games of the season.

Those that love him will always look on the positives, those of us the don't love him can see the negatives. That's why any discussion about Carlos always end up going over old ground. It's all been said before.

If Carlos comes back I will support him despite my deep dismay at the prospect. I don't think he will ever come back unless he is in need of a well paying job as his career winds down.

Never go back is a good saying.

• Like 1

Since he left, Carlos has done tremendously well. His Braga team is currently 3rd in the Portugese league two points ahead of Benfica.

His next move will be to a v big club, not back to us probably in L1. Absolutely no chance. Sadly, whether our fans like it or not, he is simply in a different category to us altogether at the minute.