Bet365 stops taking bets on Carlos returning in the summer

I think the first season we/he did incredibly well to put all those new players in together and get to the final.

New players or not, to get them all in and working as they did was very impressive. 

We all have our opinions on what happened after that, but without knowing why we didn't sign the obvious areas we needed, I can't give a firm view on who was mainly at fault, CC, Recruitment, DC or a combination of all/some of those. 

5 hours ago, Lunny1968 said:

Please god no.  The man is a bottle job.  Bottled the play off final and the semi at Udders.  Hope this is wrong.

I can only remember the players bottling Wembley and just being totally unfit against Huddersfield as they ran circles around us.

I said a while ago that I could imagine Carlos coming back if ever Chansiri decided to spend some more money. The two of them had an understanding and I reckon after the season we had with all those injuries Carlos went because he knew DC had blown the rest of the player budget on Rhodes and JVA. When asked about Rhodes, Carlos had already said in the press that he would prefer to spend the £8m on three player positions he wanted to strengthen. On top of that DC blew another £4m (allegedly) on JVA.

I am not sure whether this partnership would work again though. DC has not invested in enough good new players over the past three and a half years. Last time around we had a few decent players and only needed 5 or 6 quality additions, for a promotion push, or 3 high quality players to gradually take us up a level, whereas now a chunk of the team needs revamping. Especially if we lose players like, Shaw, Reach, Lees, Urhoghide, Hunt.... (insert another 10 or so players with contracts up).

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Who was the player with the big nob, central defender, who video’d everything but hardly ever played for us. Ok, so I accept it’s a perm anyone from 10 question.

Yay, bring back bizarre. Make the place interesting again.

Darryl Lachman, is he the one? (The big nob)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Only the streets remember Sougou 

Remember at QPR when that ******** Clint Hill poleaxed him? 

With the benefit of time and hindsight, that was chuffing funny... not because it happened, but because the ref looked at the attempted on-pitch decapitation and was like "Yup, hard but fair that" lol

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, prowl said:

I'd have him back.

I like our defenders passing the ball around amongst themselves for most of the game.

I liked us taking a short corner and it ending up with our keeper instead of in the opposition area. The fact we could do the same with free kick was wonderful.

I particularly liked us never turning up until the second half. Giving the opposition a goal start made it even more special.

I like us having to play the squad players because the first team are all injured

I particularly liked us playing against an inexperienced opposition keeper in the play off semi final and not having a shot on target.

Those were the good old days as far as I'm concerned.

Yes thats how you get to fourth

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Only the streets remember Sougou 

Remember at QPR when that ******** Clint Hill poleaxed him? 

Horrible that. He seemed to go up in the air and land in a very bad way.

We cannot blame Carlos for any of those signings though, and there were quite a lot before during and after the arrival of Carlos, because DC plainly said that CC was the coach and the players were bought by the "committee".

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I'd have him back.

I like our defenders passing the ball around amongst themselves for most of the game.

I liked us taking a short corner and it ending up with our keeper instead of in the opposition area. The fact we could do the same with free kick was wonderful.

I particularly liked us never turning up until the second half. Giving the opposition a goal start made it even more special.

I like us having to play the squad players because the first team are all injured

I particularly liked us playing against an inexperienced opposition keeper in the play off semi final and not having a shot on target.

Those were the good old days as far as I'm concerned.

Assuming that the Carlos years were as bad as you seem to imply, I'd love to hear your comparitive critiques of the other managers we've had in recent years.

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I can’t see it happening, personally. The football was best we’ve seen in 20yrs, but at great cost. He had an expensively assembled squad. No manager has had that sort of backing here since - and probably won’t again under Chansiri.

Best in 20 years over the course of 1 season.  The football in his second season when we finished 4th was relatively successful in terms of results but was very dire to watch.