Bet365 stops taking bets on Carlos returning in the summer

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not reprimanded at all mate

Just checking you're ok as you've been overtly offensive to a few folk for no apparent reason and it's not like you

Was just checking in - not 'reprimanding' you

Oh well in that case,

here goes.

Having Carlos back would mean we have money to spend, and without doubt he can spend it like the best, as long as this time we get rid of players before they stagnate (that's down to Chansiri), then I'm up for getting Carlos back.

Come on Carlos, you have unfinished business. 

• Like 1

I'd have him back.

I like our defenders passing the ball around amongst themselves for most of the game.

I liked us taking a short corner and it ending up with our keeper instead of in the opposition area. The fact we could do the same with free kick was wonderful.

I particularly liked us never turning up until the second half. Giving the opposition a goal start made it even more special.

I like us having to play the squad players because the first team are all injured

I particularly liked us playing against an inexperienced opposition keeper in the play off semi final and not having a shot on target.

Those were the good old days as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I'd have him back.

I like our defenders passing the ball around amongst themselves for most of the game.

I liked us taking a short corner and it ending up with our keeper instead of in the opposition area. The fact we could do the same with free kick was wonderful.

I particularly liked us never turning up until the second half. Giving the opposition a goal start made it even more special.

I like us having to play the squad players because the first team are all injured

I particularly liked us playing against an inexperienced opposition keeper in the play off semi final and not having a shot on target.

God, you all want this perfect unattainable world don’t you 🤣

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd have him back.

I mean, this also sounds like an appraisal of most of the last couple of years to be fair.

The worst you could say is that CC started a trend.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean, this also sounds like an appraisal of most of the last couple of years to be fair.

The worst you could say is that CC started a trend.

I don't want to be fair. I had enough of him the first time.lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i could given a 350% increase in wages at the time and 100million pounds worth of contracts given while he was here . any decent manager would have done much better than him. no point even arguing about it . a clown what has caused this club years of problems ,if a decent manager was here money would have been spent better and we would have got promoted , 

As stated, maybe he has learned from his mistakes. But to be crystal clear I’m not condoning a return 

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd have him back.

Yeah rubbish weren’t it, and we still managed to reach the play offs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Good footballers come with a price, and the majority of these were picked up for peanuts. Not saying they weren’t good, but a lot of them hadn’t proved that anywhere else before joining 

True. Shrewd moves all of them.

Though of course we all know there's no such thing as a free transfer. 

If  players come in on free transfers like Bannan and Wallace they start talks from a notional value and expect the standard wages for that level and then a split the difference dividend out of the money saved.

So a free agent like Bannan who Palace had signed for £3m is probably “worth” £2m at his age and in the market, if contracted, so his agent will point to the saving Wednesday are making and would probably want a percentage of the £2m Wednesday are saving in a transfer fee, in wages, signing on fee and agent cut.  We're still making a saving on a Premier league player. But they know that and act accordingly. 

That "free" signing of Bannan will have cost considerably more than the "proper" transfer of Steve May or Marnick Vermijl. 

They may not have all lit the world up before they came here.

But lets not kid ourselves.

Pudil was a 20 odd caps Czech  International.

Joao had played for the National team at 19 such was his promise. Bannan and Wallace had played in the premier League. Wallace had been part of a championship winning Sunderland side.

These were all huge improvements in the men they had replaced. 

And those men had finished 13th. 

Top ten, for the players Carlos had, was par for the course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Ok let’s get back on topic, I was always a bit sniffy about those pod thingys, but with the dominance of hipster coffee joints with all their light roast nonsense, I too decided to get one. Wherever I am, I will generally seek out an Italian coffee bar, but these days, they are few and far between Now I take my pod machine everywhere, so I’ve always got my Italian style dark roast to hand My tip, if you like a darker roast espresso brand in a pod, Nespresso Napoli blend

I now have visions of you carrying your nespresso machine around in a little bag.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You obviously didnt go to the matches at the end of his tenure.

In fact most of the season ticket holders I know were chosing something different to do.  It was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Yeah, I guess I'm wrong given the feast of samba soccer we've had since then.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean personally, I wanted more than four shots on target in the month of November.

Call me fussy by all means though.

funny you don't remember us coming 6th and 4th but instead for some reason you remember a bad November.  since then we've had several years of bad Novembers, Decembers....