Bet365 stops taking bets on Carlos returning in the summer

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Marro said:

Best in 20 years over the course of 1 season.  The football in his second season when we finished 4th was relatively successful in terms of results but was very dire to watch.

Yeah it’s horrible to watch us winning games frequently. Carlos must have had sleepless nights & cold sweats. 

Just now, talon said:

Assuming that the Carlos years were as bad as you seem to imply, I'd love to hear your comparitive critiques of the other managers we've had in recent years.

Now we attempt to pass the ball around the back three, for a bit, then boot it as hard as we can down the pitch. 

That kind of thing?

I never got too carried away with the style of football we played under CC and it was not all entertaining, but occasionally we did turn out some brilliant displays of football. I cannot understand how some fans can say that Carlos bottled big games after the amazing performances against Arsenal, when they played the best of their squad against us and lost 3-0 and the two games against Brighton where we somehow managed to battle out that fantastic win at home and followed it up with the backs to the wall battle at their place. The Brighton home game and the Arsenal game are two of my favourite games in recent years. I have to go back to some of those games when Megson had the team rocking on the way back to the Championship and a couple of the games under Jones, during the final run in. 

51 minutes ago, ny owl said:

Yeah, I guess I'm wrong given the feast of samba soccer we've had since then.

Honestly for 6 months after play off 2 it went downhill rapidly and both at the matches and on here it was as toxic as it's ever been.  Knowing what we do now it might make a difference on how people look at as DC was still seen in decent light and all the blame was placed on CC.

You could see he was on borrowed time in the summer.

I was on the fence at the time, but he had plenty of time and I could give you 20 reasons why his time was up.  It was more like a 1 night stand that got awkward a couple of weeks later in the cold light of day. With nobody in particular to blame. imo

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

He had one of those microphone/banana mix ups and eating the mike was one of the reasons we had to let him go. Unlike now, there was too much feedback 🙉 

Our main problem now is that we wouldn’t be able to afford his Fyfees.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ny owl said:

Yeah, I guess I'm wrong given the feast of samba soccer we've had since then.

Theres a reasons why we haven't had a feast of 'samba soccer'

Carlos somehow broke most of the players

Most of them got too old and we didnt even attempt to get any of our money back

We havent tried to bring any quality players through

Dc is obessed with the club being a family and has no idea about turnover

Cc spent most of the money (or dc or whoever)  and we havent been able to bring in players with a similar skill level

We are now scratching around again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yeah it’s horrible to watch us winning games frequently. Carlos must have had sleepless nights & cold sweats. 

We weren’t winning many games in his final season with us.  Carlos is held in high esteem by some and fair dos but there are many others who see his tenure differently.  I think the fan base would be split if he did return.  I can’t see it happening personally.