Bannan agrees in principal a new contract

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Oh great. We can look forward to more passes back to our defenders, little pirouettes in the middle of the pitch and set pieces straight to an opponent.

I often find that those who moan about passes back to the defenders will also be the loudest moaners when an ambitious ball forwards doesn’t reach its target.

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

I often find that those who moan about passes back to the defenders will also be the loudest moaners when an ambitious ball forwards doesn’t reach its target.

He is a midfielder that can't tackle, can't head, offers nothing when we are out of possession, rarely scores, shocking at set pieces but has a handful of assists. There are far better midfielders out there who would be on far less money than him. Maybe if we had a proper scouting network we would be able to unearth these players.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

I'd love to see some data for this correlation you're making up

lol

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans post list of crazy number of expiring contracts

Emergency positive news needed by club

Dom publishes article to make it look like Bannans signed a new contract 

Theyll probably post a list of expiring contracts too like it’s their idea 

It would be laughable if it wasn't actually true 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

He is a midfielder that can't tackle, can't head, offers nothing when we are out of possession, rarely scores, shocking at set pieces but has a handful of assists. There are far better midfielders out there who would be on far less money than him. Maybe if we had a proper scouting network we would be able to unearth these players.

Thinking Barry Bannan is part of our problems!

Do you think we would get better results if we dropped him for the rest of the season? 

Most of the goals we have scored this season he has been involved in. When he plays poorly, nobody else steps up to get us a result. Even in the last couple of seasons his stats have been among the best for midfielders in terms of assists and key passes. Nobody expects him to make crunching tackles or score goals regularly. Put the right players in the team around him and he is an asset at this level, that's where are recruitment has failed, not complimenting the ability he has with other effective players. 

32 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Don't get too excited, he'll only sign if we stay up!

So he's not signing then!

I'm not bothered either way TBH happy for him to stay but respect him if he doesn't want to play in L1.  I like Bannan, still our best player, by a distance. But, as he gets older his impact on games diminishes. 

It's a sad indictment of the neglect in our squad really, rather than a supposed good news story to mask the loss of Shaw and  systemic failure of the owners to manage any aspect of the club competently.

Edited by striker

Guest T Hardy
9 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If that’s your criteria for a good midfielder (must be good at tackling, heading, score loads and assists don’t matter), you must think some of the best midfielders to have ever played the game are crap. 

20/30 years ago yeah, you’d want all your midfielders to be a physical beast who can dominate the middle of the park, but the game has evolved from that 

Edited by T Hardy

Guest T Hardy
9 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I'd love to see some data for this correlation you're making up

lol

Haha, I was getting at moaners just like to moan.. bless them.