Bannan agrees in principal a new contract

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans post list of crazy number of expiring contracts

Emergency positive news needed by club

Dom publishes article to make it look like Bannans signed a new contract 

Theyll probably post a list of expiring contracts too like it’s their idea 

Bannan isn't half the player he was 4 years ago , especially playing in a team of our capabilities 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Shaw hasn't signed a contract with Celtic yet. The two are pretty much the same, Shaw will likely sign with Celtic when he can and Bannan will likely sign with us if we stay up. Unless you think the article is a lie?

I can’t see him signing.. he must be on at least 20k a week here if not closer to 30k given how key a player he is. There’s nothing about our transfer dealings over the last 12-18 months that suggest we’re able to pay those sorts of wages going forward. So unless he’s going to resign on half the money in the knowledge that we’re going to be a lower mid table side at best and in a relegation scrap at worst then surely he’d be better off elsewhere. We know Brentford were in for him.. he could go to a top 6 side on his current terms 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I can’t see him signing.. he must be on at least 20k a week here if not closer to 30k given how key a player he is. There’s nothing about our transfer dealings over the last 12-18 months that suggest we’re able to pay those sorts of wages going forward. So unless he’s going to resign on half the money in the knowledge that we’re going to be a lower mid table side at best and in a relegation scrap at worst then surely he’d be better off elsewhere. We know Brentford were in for him.. he could go to a top 6 side on his current terms 

I'd be surprised if he signs, I was surprised last time he signed an extension. As far as the cost is concerned though, I think most clubs at this level will be readjusting due to COVID but in the past couple of years we have shed millions off the wage bill, another big chunk will go with Rhodes and probably Westwood so it wouldn't be unthinkable for Bannan to get a decent offer given the club judges his worth so highly. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
23 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Celtic is a good shout. If I was Scottish I’d probably want to spend my last playing days in Scotland. Also keep in mind Celtic normally attract crowds of 49,000+ and if you do well for them they treat you like a god. Stoke however is a craphole. 

Stoke may be a craphole but players love playing for Michael O’Neill, and Fletcher and Fox might be in his ear.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
20 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Bannan would no where near celtics starting lineup 

Have you watched Celtic in the past 18 months? They’re nearly as bad as us! 

30 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Celtic is a good shout. If I was Scottish I’d probably want to spend my last playing days in Scotland. Also keep in mind Celtic normally attract crowds of 49,000+ and if you do well for them they treat you like a god. Stoke however is a craphole. 

Their crowds have just plummeted 11,000 from the Shaw thread.

lol

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But you seem to think Bannan will stay? 

I take what he said about staying with a pinch of salt for the reasons you’ve highlighted above. 

I think he’ll sign another contract, yes

The guy has already demonstrated significant loyalty - whereas Fletcher seems more concerned with affording his latest Lambo.

I’m not criticising that btw - everyone can decide what is their own personal priority and values

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Fans: "We have 15 players out of contract this summer"
Club: "Yes, but Bannan might stay"

How many of those 15 players are you really hoping we keep hold of, aside from Joey of course? 

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many of those 15 players are you really hoping we keep hold of, aside from Joey of course? 

Adam Reach Jordan Rhodes Osaze Urhoghide Keiren Westwood Tom Lees Matt Penney Barry Bannan Kadeem Harris Alex Hunt

I think these would certainly fare well in Div 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Adam Reach Jordan Rhodes Osaze Urhoghide Keiren Westwood Tom Lees Matt Penney Barry Bannan Kadeem Harris Alex Hunt

I think these would certainly fare well in Div 1

How much would you offer Rhodes, Westwood and Reach to play in League One and how much do you think it would take to get them to sign given what they are currently earning? 

34 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think he’ll sign another contract, yes

The guy has already demonstrated significant loyalty - whereas Fletcher seems more concerned with affording his latest Lambo.

I’m not criticising that btw - everyone can decide what is their own personal priority and values

What loyalty has he demonstrated exactly? 

I like Bannan don’t get me wrong. But not sure how he is any different to Fletcher. Both could possibly walk away at the end of their contract.