Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Look

I've read this whole thread and heard everyone's opinions and it's fair to say that the fanbase has nailed it pretty much (just the odd one or two saying he should stay because he'a fan?)

Let me just put it this way to those people who think Shaw is some kind of traitor

You have the whole life ahead of you, you have a promising career ahead of you, you have opportunities and you're doing amazingly well so let me ask you this...

WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR WHOLE FUTURE AND CAREER TO DEJPHON CHANSIRI?

I wouldn't trust Chansiri to run a bath, never mind our football club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The biggest reason that Liam Shaw will be going to Celtic is the contract they've offered him compared to ours , it'll be longer and worth more money to the lad , as for furthering his career there I'm not sure , he'd certainly get more first team opportunities here so for him it will be a difficult choice 

1 minute ago, Watto said:

The biggest reason that Liam Shaw will be going to Celtic is the contract they've offered him compared to ours , it'll be longer and worth more money to the lad , as for furthering his career there I'm not sure , he'd certainly get more first team opportunities here so for him it will be a difficult choice 

And that they pay.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Watto said:

Can we get him back on loan then lol

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It comes to summat when Matchday section is that mental on here lately that you have to go in the Politics section for some sanity.

Some of the outright contradiction of views stated by some folk over relatively short periods of time are simply barmy.

I’d dig a view out but I can’t be arsed because you’re all fruitcakes.

:duntmatter:

Football and Wednesday in particular, drives everyone round the bend sooner or later :ghoulguy:

47 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Who might that be ?

van Dijk.

Add Moussa Dembele and Wanyama to that, two players who went there on the cheap, unknown quantities that went on to make them plenty of money. 

We know that Celtic are a big fish in a small pond, but the chance of playing at Celtic Park, winning trophies and playing in European competition is a much greater incentive than being part of a club struggling to stay in the second level of English football, that is being run into the ground by its owner.  

1 minute ago, g-owls said:

van Dijk.

Add Moussa Dembele and Wanyama to that, two players who went there on the cheap, unknown quantities that went on to make them plenty of money. 

We know that Celtic are a big fish in a small pond, but the chance of playing at Celtic Park, winning trophies and playing in European competition is a much greater incentive than being part of a club struggling to stay in the second level of English football, that is being run into the ground by its owner.  

He will be even more tempted if he’s just had his sky sports cut off because he’s not been paid on time

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It comes to summat when Matchday section is that mental on here lately that you have to go in the Politics section for some sanity.

Some of the outright contradiction of views stated by some folk over relatively short periods of time are simply barmy.

I’d dig a view out but I can’t be arsed because you’re all fruitcakes.

:duntmatter:

And the politics section is awash with Labour voters.

Someone wrote that there’s no loyalty in football, and it’s all about money.

Then in the next breath they get on about the Tories...

I see Shaw as a greedy, selfish fud, like the rest of them.

In the Exorcist the priest invites the demon into his body to spare the child. In the same way, I hope Shaw has taken our bad luck with him.

My loyalty is to us, not to any player.

• Like 1

Say what you like about Tones brand of football. Here 45 days, promotes Liam Shaw to the first team. Sticks with him, even after that red card, gets his first goal for the club, now Shaw is signing for one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland.

When stuff like this keeps on happening, it's clear there is no prospect of anyone building anything here under the current regime. 

Let's face it Sean Clare and GH have already been down this path with the club.

Diabolical

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Say what you like about Tones brand of football. Here 45 days, promotes Liam Shaw to the first team. Sticks with him, even after that red card, gets his first goal for the club, now Shaw is signing for one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland.

When stuff like this keeps on happening, it's clear there is no prospect of anyone building anything here under the current regime. 

Let's face it Sean Clare and GH have already been down this path with the club.

Diabolical

Sean Clare and George Hirst both turned out to be dross though 👀

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Come on, look a the state of our club. We're not paying players and are likely to be relegated. 

In all likelihood we've offered a contract worth way less. It's not like he's 31 and has been earning a big wage for a decade.

Would you really stay out of loyalty?

Yes 100 %
He probably lives with his mum and dad , only just got game time 

here because we gave him a chance, only 19 even 3 more years here and he is only 22 he could go up there , hate it , not get played and his career stagnate 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Sean Clare and George Hirst both turned out to be dross though 👀

GH had a year of his career destroyed, and as for Clare, he seemed to be doing the business for us on the pitch, who knows what's gone off up there with him.

I think it's vandalism. What was the point of building a team to win u23 championships and then let those players go on free transfers.

More mind blowing expense, which came to nothing.