Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look

I've read this whole thread and heard everyone's opinions and it's fair to say that the fanbase has nailed it pretty much (just the odd one or two saying he should stay because he'a fan?)

Let me just put it this way to those people who think Shaw is some kind of traitor

You have the whole life ahead of you, you have a promising career ahead of you, you have opportunities and you're doing amazingly well so let me ask you - WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR CAREER TO DEJPHON CHANSIRI?

Wouldn’t trust him to make a sandwich.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look

I've read this whole thread and heard everyone's opinions and it's fair to say that the fanbase has nailed it pretty much (just the odd one or two saying he should stay because he'a fan?)

Let me just put it this way to those people who think Shaw is some kind of traitor

You have the whole life ahead of you, you have a promising career ahead of you, you have opportunities and you're doing amazingly well so let me ask you - WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR CAREER TO DEJPHON CHANSIRI?

I wouldn't trust my cat to Dejphon Chansiri. 

"Don't worry Snooty, my advisors know about these things. They know how to look after your cat"

:Chansiri:

image.png.c2a1aadbb95df1361446396f810e8a57.png

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You think he'll get more games for Celtic then?

As for wages, they are paid just not on time it would seem.

Re Clare you've no idea what he is being paid nor what Shaw has been offered.

And it would appear you don't have a clue either.😂😂😂😂

We need a Liam Palmer, not a Liam Shaw.

Sorry hate to be that person but Palmer shows what the love for the club is, even though Shaw may go on to have a better career.

Palmer will still be here with us in Division one next season if push comes to shove, and he will still give his all.

I know I know, 2nd goal ever for us and i'm gushing - and Shaw has to look after himself etc.   But still.   I have a fans hat on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR WHOLE FUTURE AND CAREER TO DEJPHON CHANSIRI?

I have seen our club through some awful leaders.    This just happens to be another bad one.   Personally I would still put faith in the club, the name, the family - the actual SWFC family, not the one that is spoke about by Chansiri.

I guess loyalty is something that some people have, and some people don't.

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

I have seen our club through some awful leaders.    This just happens to be another bad one.   Personally I would still put faith in the club, the name, the family - the actual SWFC family, not the one that is spoke about by Chansiri.

I guess loyalty is something that some people have, and some people don't.

Who's not loyal?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

We need a Liam Palmer, not a Liam Shaw.

Sorry hate to be that person but Palmer shows what the love for the club is, even though Shaw may go on to have a better career.

Palmer will still be here with us in Division one next season if push comes to shove, and he will still give his all.

I know I know, 2nd goal ever for us and i'm gushing - and Shaw has to look after himself etc.   But still.   I have a fans hat on.

Has Palmer ever been in a position to turn down a contract offer from the likes of Celtic, though?

Until he has, it's a pointless comparison, really.

And the implication that Shaw, a lifelong Wednesday fan, doesn't love the club, is nonsense.

As I said earlier in the thread, the fact that he's a Wednesdayite shouldn't mean he has to sacrifice his career.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Who's not loyal?

I'm as despondent right now as the next person - I just see some revelling in our situation.   "I told you so", almost on their lips when they told the masses that foreign ownership would turn out badly.    As if Mandaric was some kind of quasi Brit because he'd owned a few clubs in England before.

I see players not being payed for what may well be the umpteenth time and I am horrified.

But what I can't get on board with is fans scoring points sayings "they were right" and some weirdo's almost getting off on our plight.

I like Liam Palmer, you know why?   Not because he's the best player on the pitch today, but because he's an owl through and through and would do anything for the club, with a full wage packet or not - he understands loyalty because he knows he'll still have SWFC long after Chansiri has left.    Assuming Chansiri leaves us with our SWFC, which right now i'm not sure about.

I'll get behind any Owl who still has loyalty, blind or otherwise because I love this club and I fully understand why others still have absolute blind faith.    I follow the club, not the owner.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Hmm, maybe, for me I don't see how Shaw can have any gripe with the club, we have brought him through and he's left first chance he's got. It doesn't sit well with me.

If he's not been offered a new deal WE can have no gripes. He's got to look after his own career if Wednesday won't.

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I follow the club, not the owner.

Most of us do

We've had years of those who don't mocking those who do, abusing them, telling them to shut up

I don't begrudge those who support the club and not the owner having a thread to say 'told you so' at all

Not after years of being attacked for expressing their doubts and seeing what was unfolding

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop