Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

His reaction to Rob Staton's pretty reasonable question about his SWFC exit came across as pretty arrogant and alludes to a pretty rambunctious character trait in the chap. Genuinely hope he comes good though.

Correct,  and I do still hope the lad comes good 

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If he leaves us after all the club has done for him for next to nowt , it maybe the clubs fault but it’s morally abhorrent and selfish to put it mildly, Wednesdayite my arse 

It’s football 

Morals are non existent, and been a wednesdayite is completely irrelevant

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If he leaves us after all the club has done for him for next to nowt , it maybe the clubs fault but it’s morally abhorrent and selfish to put it mildly, Wednesdayite my arse 

If Liam Shaw was your son, wonder what you would advise him to do, and how you’d feel if he received dogs abuse simply for pursuing his own career and dreams ?

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No, no it's not. Say he plays next week and breaks his leg and never makes any money again... But just cos he's meant to be a Wednesday he should stay? If he was shiteee no one would give two hoots 

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, debram said:

Sad news, it would not have happened if we were anything like a well run club instead of a embarrassing shambles. 

Why should we give him a big whopping contract? He had a loan at chezvegas and made no impact wotsoever...he’s not that good

Just now, hugeowl said:

i'm a wednesdayite but if someone offered me 10 grand a week to go and support celtic i'd certainly give it serious consideration ......he as to do whats best for him just as we all do .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Why should we give him a big whopping contract? He had a loan at chezvegas and made no impact wotsoever...he’s not that good

To protect your assesst. Chelsea do it. if we had offered in a 1-year additional extension at the beginning of this season we could have told him to Celtic for more more than that have cost us to develop him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Only young and early days but see your point, every player a gamble but he certainly did impress his last 2 games. 

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Sheridan himself said he was a top talent and that he did well, but you can hardly expect 19 years old to turn awful situation they were/are in around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm a wednesdayite but if someone offered me 10 grand a week to go and support celtic i'd certainly give it serious consideration ......he as to do whats best for him just as we all do .

The other thing to consider is that footballers are rarely fans to the same level of us.... When we are spending our youth watching football, they are too busy playing to develop the same passion

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

That’s you choice pal.

I can’t be bought like that 

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

It is called an investment, and if you never gamble, you will never win. He showed plenty to earn himself a long term deal here. 

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

To protect your assesst. Chelsea do it. if we had offered in a 1-year additional extension at the beginning of this season we could have told him to Celtic for more more than that have cost us to develop him

We ‘protected our assests’ by dishing out outrageous contracts to Dawson and wildsmith..even tho they are both bang average..once bitten twice shy

7 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

No, no it's not. Say he plays next week and breaks his leg and never makes any money again... But just cos he's meant to be a Wednesday he should stay? If he was shiteee no one would give two hoots 

If he broke his leg last week I am sure we would be looking after him at no cost to himself. 

WAWAW 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

If it was that clear cut, then Chansiri would match that, surely.

With Neil Thompson involved, there's nobody better to explain the value of our youth to Chansiri.

If he listens, we'll soon find out.