Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

18 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Didn’t Neil Lennon himself confirm it was done?

He certainly seemed to, but the articles were more about - why is Neil Lennon signing players, when everyone wants him gone. It felt like it gave him a statement to cement his future at Celtic, as opposed to talking about Shaw.

All that said, my view is Bannan is the most likely individual to be closer to the truth.

6 hours ago, Pieman said:

One of the things about the internet and social media, is the complete lack of hard evidence and fact. I would have thought the commentator most likely to be speaking the truth is Bannan e.g. it isn't done yet. That isn't to say anyone else is not telling the truth, they are just piecing 2&2 together and making 5 to create a 'scoop'. The fact he has said it in the press conference is deliberately aimed at fans to support Shaw, who is clearly going to remain in the team, in my opinion. I also thought during his video clip yesterday, he chose his words carefully, sending a clear message to Shaw. As you rightly deduce. I suspect he is playing a 'hands on role' with Chansiri to ensure he does not let him slip away to Celtics academy.

I really hope this is how it is playing out. 

• Love 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Celtic fans saying it’s not him signing players. It’s the recruitment team up there. 

Ah, fair enough.

Well, see what happens.

Who knows, if we can stop up, the kid may want to stick around.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah, fair enough.

Well, see what happens.

Who knows, if we can stop up, the kid may want to stick around.

I’ve just had a luck on the Celtic forum and if folk think Owlstalk is dramatic, bloody hell.

First time they’ve not won a title in what 10 years? And you’d think they’re getting relegated .

They seem to think it would be a crap move for Shaw because they’d ruin him. But that could just be classic football fan moaning when it’s not going well on the pitch. 

Lennon probably won’t stick around next season. But the general consensus is he’s not having an input in recruitment anyway. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve just had a luck on the Celtic forum and if folk think Owlstalk is dramatic, bloody hell.

First time they’ve not won a title in what 10 years? And you’d think they’re getting relegated .

They seem to think it would be a crap move for Shaw because they’d ruin him. But that could just be classic football fan moaning when it’s not going well on the pitch. 

Lennon probably won’t stick around next season. But the general consensus is he’s not having an input in recruitment anyway. 

*look. That’s a terribly typo.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In all honesty, they turned some talent into stars, but ruined far more.

Guest Hornsby
7 minutes ago, malek said:

In all honesty, they turned some talent into stars, but ruined far more.

Yeah, our record far more impressive.

They sussed Van Dyke and others  while others comatose.

30 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yeah, our record far more impressive.

They sussed Van Dyke and others  while others comatose.

Player like Van Dyke would have made it anywhere, just like player like David Turnbull will (I'm not comparing these two), but they signed bucket-load of most talented Scottish players and developed very few. Btw it is not same developing player you sign to start for you every week (like two I mentioned above) and those that you sign "for the future" like Shaw. Rangers didn't do much better, this is why they are calling them ugly sisters over there.