Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

If he were 30 plus and on Paixo's list he would have been offered a lucrative contract well before now.

If Shaw goes can we start a list of the talented young players that Chansiri has let go to spite us all? It really is farcical. We allegedly chase talent and instead of employing such players, we pay over the odds for mediocre to rubbish players who can hardly stand up for a season, while nurturing talented young players and  letting them go for peanuts. The man really would not know a good player even if he was sat on one! 

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

How much did we offer him? I've no idea btw

But we heard on here it was a one year extension. From reputable source. Not a new one year deal, but extension (assuming on what he was on before). 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Of course I do

So if he agreed a new contract in principle a few weeks ago and then after having his head turned after he had a couple of decent games he abandons the club ? 

Slack business from the club but a right kick in the gonads 

8 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

If he were 30 plus and on Paixo's list he would have been offered a lucrative contract well before now.

If Shaw goes can we start a list of the talented young players that Chansiri has let go to spite us all? It really is farcical. We allegedly chase talent and instead of employing such players, we pay over the odds for mediocre to rubbish players who can hardly stand up for a season, while nurturing talented young players and  letting them go for peanuts. The man really would not know a good player even if he was sat on one! 

Who is on the list ?

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

27 page thread about Liam shaw tho...unbelievable 

Unbelievable isn't it and a player that will be replaced by someone else. 

One leaves, creates an opportunity for someone else. 

Way of the world. 

Edited by Maddogbob

29 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Agents delebritally run down promising players contracts at this level so they open to more options.  

Bet you you won’t provide examples. What a load of tosh.

If Shaw wants to stay at Wednesday and the club offer him a good deal then he signs. Agents aren’t always out for money - it’s a myth. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Unbelievable isn't it and a player that will be replaced by someone else. 

One leaves, creates an opportunity for someone else. 

Way of the world. 

Not really about Liam Shaw though is it. The frustration is coming from the clubs inability to see these things coming. It’s just another fizz up in a long list under DC. That’s the frustration. The people on here annoyed aren’t annoyed because Shaw is going to fire us to the Premier League. They’re annoyed because it’s a sad indictment of the way we handle young players and contracts at this club. Reactive instead of proactive and that’s why we are where we are in the league.

People are really struggling with this. It’s not hard to understand. And many posters have explained it to them but they completely ignore the post and will say something like - ‘well Hirst ain’t scored for Rovrum so Shaw might be crap too’.

Moronic argument.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

If Shaw wants to stay at Wednesday and the club offer him a good deal then he signs. Agents aren’t always out for money - it’s a myth. 

I said options not money.  Wednesday may well offer him a good deal but other clubs may offer better ones.  Its a short career and if a club can offer a quicker route to those better options then the player would probably take that offer.  

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve heard that Shaw was offered 2k a week and a 1 year extension initially. Might be rubbish but honestly wouldn’t surprise me with this club. 

Tbf, he's only played a handful of games for us and we can't pay people in full right now for whatever reason. 

I'm not sure how much more we could realistically offer him? 

5k? 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve heard that Shaw was offered 2k a week and a 1 year extension initially. Might be rubbish but honestly wouldn’t surprise me with this club. 

Honestly given his pedigree what would be wrong with that ?.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Please tell me how much should a kid with limited experience get paid , I am intrigued?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really about Liam Shaw though is it. The frustration is coming from the clubs inability to see these things coming. It’s just another fizz up in a long list under DC. That’s the frustration. The people on here annoyed aren’t annoyed because Shaw is going to fire us to the Premier League. They’re annoyed because it’s a sad indictment of the way we handle young players and contracts at this club. Reactive instead of proactive and that’s why we are where we are in the league.

People are really struggling with this. It’s not hard to understand. And many posters have explained it to them but they completely ignore the post and will say something like - ‘well Hirst ain’t scored for Rovrum so Shaw might be crap too’.

Moronic argument.

Oh I get that totally, the thing that people seem to loose sight of, is that football is a money grab.

When he's retired he can spend the rest of his life as a supporter. 

He's got to give himself the best chance he can and frankly he's lucky he's got options on the table. 

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I said options not money.  Wednesday may well offer him a good deal but other clubs may offer better ones.  Its a short career and if a club can offer a quicker route to those better options then the player would probably take that offer.  

We shouldn’t be in a situation where a bright young talent is running down his contract and free to talk to other clubs. 

It’s a terrible waste of years spent developing a player. It’s a myth it happens all the time - because it simply doesn’t. At most well run clubs they ensure when young prospects are breaking into the team that they are in contract. This means if they fulfil potential the club holds the aces and can either benefit from their ability or sell for profit.

Example. Morgan Whittaker at Derby. Broke into the first team with 1 year and a half years left on his deal. He signed an extension off the back of a few of games with time remaining on his contract. Tonight Swansea have bid 750k which will help significantly with Derby’s cash flow issues. Fortunately for Derby Whittaker hasn’t become a valuable player in their side. But by getting him under contract they’ve made sure that a tidy profit has been made on him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Honestly given his pedigree what would be wrong with that ?.

I was going to say. 

I can't really see us offering much more and wouldn't expect us to tbh. 

He's a decent prospect, but he's not the next Roy Keane. 

My main issue the fact we have let another player get into the last 6 months of their contract. 

• Like 3