Celtic agree personal terms with Liam Shaw

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

I'm as despondent right now as the next person - I just see some revelling in our situation.   "I told you so", almost on their lips when they told the masses that foreign ownership would turn out badly.    As if Mandaric was some kind of quasi Brit because he'd owned a few clubs in England before.

I see players not being payed for what may well be the umpteenth time and I am horrified.

But what I can't get on board with is fans scoring points sayings "they were right" and some weirdo's almost getting off on our plight.

I like Liam Palmer, you know why?   Not because he's the best player on the pitch today, but because he's an owl through and through and would do anything for the club, with a full wage packet or not - he understands loyalty because he knows he'll still have SWFC long after Chansiri has left.    Assuming Chansiri leaves us with our SWFC, which right now i'm not sure about.

I'll get behind any Owl who still has loyalty, blind or otherwise because I love this club and I fully understand why others still have absolute blind faith.    I follow the club, not the owner.

No one is revelling mate. We’re all hurting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of us do

We've had years of those who don't mocking those who do, abusing them, telling them to shut up

I don't begrudge those who support the club and not the owner having a thread to say 'told you so' at all

Not after years of being attacked for expressing their doubts and seeing what was unfolding

I'm not trying to be contrary or ******** people off - I think right now everyone is just a bit on edge.

Those of us who understand that the club is on a precipice the most.    Chansiri can't sell because no one will match what he has put into the club.   Admin right now to me will mean extinction of this club we all love.    We won't get a Mandaric at the last moment hoping to get a bargain to build and sell for a profit.    It will be end game.

We could well be the biggest club to ever go out of business - that for me is a crying shame, and that is why I still support players like Palmer who are giving their all and showing loyalty no matter what.

I'm not trying to be contrary or ******** people off - I think right now everyone is just a bit on edge.

Those of us who understand that the club is on a precipice the most.    Chansiri can't sell because no one will match what he has put into the club.   Admin right now to me will mean extinction of this club we all love.    We won't get a Mandaric at the last moment hoping to get a bargain to build and sell for a profit.    It will be end game.

We could well be the biggest club to ever go out of business - that for me is a crying shame, and that is why I still support players like Palmer who are giving their all and showing loyalty no matter what.

What's any of this got to do with Shaw?

Palmer is under contract for another 18 months, and as far as I'm aware, has never been the subject of a transfer or contract offer from a bigger club than Wednesday.

If Celtic came in for him, I imagine he'd be off in a shot, too. And rightly so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Palmer is under contract for another 18 months, and as far as I'm aware, has never been the subject of a transfer or contract offer from a bigger club than Wednesday.

If Celtic came in for him, I imagine he'd be off in a shot, too. And rightly so.

Context is everything.

I posted this under it's own thread with a title "When the going get's tough" to show the differences between two lifelong owls.

It got merged by someone not understanding that I was trying to compare and contrast two owls playing for Wednesday right now - or at least who were until the move transpired for Shaw.

• Thanks 1

Context is everything.

I posted this under it's own thread with a title "When the going get's tough" to show the differences between two lifelong owls.

It got merged by someone not understanding that I was trying to compare and contrast two owls playing for Wednesday right now - or at least who were until the move transpired for Shaw.

Fair enough.

It's frustrating when that kind of thing happens and your initial point gets lost, isn't it?

I'm still not sure that Palmer is any more 'loyal' than Shaw, though - he's just not had the same opportunity to leave.

• Love 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough.

It's frustrating when that kind of thing happens and your initial point gets lost, isn't it?

I'm still not sure that Palmer is any more 'loyal' than Shaw, though - he's just not had the same opportunity to leave.

Palmer has had opportunity to leave - Preston, Sheffield United (honestly!), Tranmere at the end of his loan and Charlton.    

Just now, Salmonbones said:

Palmer has had opportunity to leave - Preston, Sheffield United (honestly!), Tranmere at the end of his loan and Charlton.    

None of the calibre of Celtic, then.

Also, where was this reported? I don't remember any reports of him being offered contracts by United or Preston?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

None of the calibre of Celtic, then.

Also, where was this reported? I don't remember any reports of him being offered contracts by United or Preston?

It wasn't.

I'm not sure Palmer even knew all of them.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough.

Also had no end of abuse for ten years or so. Im amazed he hasn't been hounded out before now.

15 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Yes it’s the clubs fault if he goes but leaves a bitter taste to me after we have spent a fortune to get him to be that player and then as soon as his heads turned he is off 

Itsshite

TBH I understand where you're coming from.

When John Stones was at Barnsley and there was all the talk and speculation about premiership clubs interest, he signed a 12 month extension on his contract so Barnsley had a bargaining chip and got an excellent transfer fee with add on's.

On the other hand, I also understand him jumping this shitfest of a ship.

50 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Celtic are a big fish in a little pool.

End of day, he isn’t gonna turn down the wages Celtic will offer , Wednesday fan or not 

Shouldn’t have been allowed to run down his contract, but maybe a bit of a surprise he’s turned out like he has so soon 

11 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

TBH I understand where you're coming from.

When John Stones was at Barnsley and there was all the talk and speculation about premiership clubs interest, he signed a 12 month extension on his contract so Barnsley had a bargaining chip and got an excellent transfer fee with add on's.

On the other hand, I also understand him jumping this shitfest of a ship.

Yes, it doesn't say much for us if he's prepared to go there.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of us do

We've had years of those who don't mocking those who do, abusing them, telling them to shut up

I don't begrudge those who support the club and not the owner having a thread to say 'told you so' at all

Not after years of being attacked for expressing their doubts and seeing what was unfolding

Think it is time to accept that clappers and dreamers need banning from here. WTF: