BREAKING - Players not getting paid in full / properly AGAIN

36 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Didn't seem to affect the performance today, so a bit of a non-story, but quite understandable when there continues to be no income and lots of expense.  Not the only club to be doing this, I'm sure.  Trouble is that people use it as a stick to beat the chairman/club with, rather than being a piece of sound common-sense.  It's not as if the players are on £1 per week , is it.....

Wow what a shocker of a post ! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Does make you wonder why we have brought Hutch back or continued the loan of Marriott if we cannot pay who we have. Surely a paid threadbare squad is better than a similarly poor squad that has a few additional numbers but is completely demoralised.

We could save some money by sending Brown back - I don’t reckon he’d be missed and every little helps 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Didn't seem to affect the performance today, so a bit of a non-story, but quite understandable when there continues to be no income and lots of expense.  Not the only club to be doing this, I'm sure.  Trouble is that people use it as a stick to beat the chairman/club with, rather than being a piece of sound common-sense.  It's not as if the players are on £1 per week , is it.....

WEY HEY!!! WE got a ‘stick to beat the chairman/club with’ post!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, hangonrose said:

un-be-lievable 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Just waiting for the Liam Shaw cash to come in then they'll be paid.  Sam Hutchinson must be fuming.

How on earth can the club continue to be run in this way ...selling off potentially very good players to pay mediocre ones . When we are in the bottom 3 in the league , going through a whole transfer window without appointing a manager or signing any players who will make a difference ( on the evidence of performances so far ) . Who would join Wednesday anyway ...given what is being shouted from all corners of the media about how the club is run. Dreadful - and all seemingly down to the man at the top and his 'bury your head in the sand' approach.  

15 hours ago, hangonrose said:

A stick to beat the chairman with. Dear me. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I think if there was anything majorly wrong, the PFA/EFL would have been involved many months ago and actually acted upon it (I believe they were made aware but nothing came from it).

Part of me wonders... is this some form of agreement between players/club? I have a sneaky feeling chansiri may be utilising this, along with COVID/lack of income, to further manipulate FFP rules. We can have a full season 'in profit' then pay the players what they're owed next season... then hopefully write it off as 'due to COVID restrictions'.

4 minutes ago, Smog said:

Part of me wonders... is this some form of agreement between players/club? I have a sneaky feeling chansiri may be utilising this, along with COVID/lack of income, to further manipulate FFP rules. We can have a full season 'in profit' then pay the players what they're owed next season... then hopefully write it off as 'due to COVID restrictions'.

No chance on last bit, deferral makes no difference on profit only cashflow

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

No chance on last bit, deferral makes no difference on profit only cashflow

How about if it's agreed to be paid at a later date, therefore being paid in the next tax year? wouldn't this fall into expenditure for 21/22 as opposed to 20/21? 

I'm probably  just clutching at straws. The last few years have resulted in me gradually loosing my mind, day by day, trying to understand what's going on in todays episode of operation shitshow. 

Just now, Smog said:

How about if it's agreed to be paid at a later date, therefore being paid in the next tax year? wouldn't this fall into expenditure for 21/22 as opposed to 20/21? 

I'm probably  just clutching at straws. The last few years have resulted in me gradually loosing my mind, day by day, trying to understand what's going on in todays episode of operation shitshow. 

No makes no difference any wage's related to this season will appear in this year's accounts.

I'd guess that any income we are getting at moment (ifollow subs etc) covers monthly operating costs and the monthly salaries to the £7k limit.

The amount over and above that will be reliant on cash injections by chansiri, to pay the balance.

• Like 2