BREAKING - Players not getting paid in full / properly AGAIN

I wonder when the players were due to get paid? The story broke a few days ago and "seems" to have been rectified quite quickly. 

I just wonder if pay was due before the initial story broke which prompted the abject performance at Coventry?! 

You can't blame the players for it affecting their performance however it does appear to be being resolved pretty swiftly in every occurrence.

It's obviously not ideal but hopefully if performance drops are linked to late wages they may not be as severe as there does seem to be a guarantee that they will get the monies owed in a short space of time?! 

I imagine we aren't the only club having issues and for some reason ours are being aired in the press but people are getting what they are owed with slight delays. 

Hard for DC but I think this problem is one that he maybe hasn't brought on himself! 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Find it interesting that the player(s) is quick to run to the press but it’s resolved almost straight away after. Can they not just keep a lid on it, or maybe they’re not given reassurances or timescales on when they’re due to get it?

Maybe going to the press and putting pressure on the club is what made them get the rest of it

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Find it interesting that the player(s) is quick to run to the press but it’s resolved almost straight away after. Can they not just keep a lid on it, or maybe they’re not given reassurances or timescales on when they’re due to get it?

Its not very good for moral if the employer cannot do the basics such as honouring the contracts they mutually signed. Maybe this was one of the reasons for the poor performance at Coventry. Imagine that you and your colleagues got paid last week only to find the boss had only paid 65% of the wages. I'm sure you would all be severely annoyed and footballers are no different.

1 minute ago, kilbyj said:

I wonder when the players were due to get paid? The story broke a few days ago and "seems" to have been rectified quite quickly. 

I just wonder if pay was due before the initial story broke which prompted the abject performance at Coventry?! 

You can't blame the players for it affecting their performance however it does appear to be being resolved pretty swiftly in every occurrence.

It's obviously not ideal but hopefully if performance drops are linked to late wages they may not be as severe as there does seem to be a guarantee that they will get the monies owed in a short space of time?! 

I imagine we aren't the only club having issues and for some reason ours are being aired in the press but people are getting what they are owed with slight delays. 

Hard for DC but I think this problem is one that he maybe hasn't brought on himself! 

But it's been reported as happening for over a year now - pre COVID

A year and he can't correct it? I think DC has exactly brought it upon himself

I keep hearing that we can't be the only club having issues, yet we're the only club it keeps getting reported about on a regular basis

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Its not very good for moral if the employer cannot do the basics such as honouring the contracts they mutually signed. Maybe this was one of the reasons for the poor performance at Coventry. Imagine that you and your colleagues got paid last week only to find the boss had only paid 65% of the wages. I'm sure you would all be severely annoyed and footballers are no different.

I get that, the point I’m making is that if they’ve been told it’ll be late and will be arriving at said date, then it’s a bit peculiar that they’d run to the press 

I’m guessing this wasn’t communicated to them though 

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You must be right mate

All our problems lie at the feet of everyone else and not at the chairmans 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I get that, the point I’m making is that if they’ve been told it’ll be late and will be arriving at said date, then it’s a bit peculiar that they’d run to the press 

Considering they had to go to the PFA last month, I get the impression it hasn’t been communicated to them. 

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

But the press is a useful tool for footballers whether its to engineer a move or dish some dirt on the club when they are unhappy. The press laps it all up as it helps them to sell. Win win for press and players.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No no you're bang on mate - everyone else is at fault 
Since Chansiri came people have just made all these things up to try and cause trouble

You’re like a drunken man in a pub arguing with himself. Honestly did you read my post, where I said it’s likely it wouldn’t have been communicated to them? Just trying to understand it all, not blaming the players in the slightest 

55 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Tip for DC

rather than cause yet another storm of nonsense at end of feb, get your cash flow planning done now and pay wages in full and on time . It makes no sense to do this odd split thing .

I thought that was one of the problems with cash flow problems is that it doesn't flow quite how you want it to.

So 1st Feb and the players have been paid in full for January. 

How was this even a headline? It’s damaging to the club, chairman and reputation of the club to get these things wrong. 

Can we make a deal of it only when players are seriously late getting paid?

This shouldn’t have even been a story. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I thought that was one of the problems with cash flow problems is that it doesn't flow quite how you want it to.

Why does it happen so often though and yet it gets paid eventually? And always same pattern . It makes no sense .