BREAKING - Players not getting paid in full / properly AGAIN

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Spot on with your first point. Running your own business and knowing a month may be tight to meet the payroll is one of cold sweats in the night moments.

The fact is no employee will work at 100% in that scenario. Difference is fans somehow expect the players not to be affected, whilst they themselves would probably sit at work doing nowt in the same scenario

None of us know the financial realities behind the scenes other than it don't appear good 

We have been missing payroll for a year - and pre COVID. Personally I would send forensics into there and work out what the hell has happened. Why are we signing players if we can’t make payroll. Why were we bidding for players like zohore in the summer with no cash flow ?

sheffield Wednesday isn’t a complicated business to run.  Something isn’t right. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The rainy day fund that is probably tied up liquidity wise therein being the problem.

So it is an issue because undoubtedly the players can survive i am sure but they are not immune from the mundane of having to sort things out, notwithstanding their Mrs no doubt giving em a bit of grief.

Their on pitch performance will be down, exactly like yours would at work if your employer came up short this week or month

A year of missing payroll.

why would any player want to stay , or any player want to come , unless they were absolutely desperate ( hi Sam ).  

it’s time to face the music. Sell who we can this weekend, we owe it to the players , and to try and get the wage Bill to a level we can sustain . Hunker down with what we have, with the current coaches. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And any responsible employer will cover all the wages out of his own money if he has to, rather than pay people short

Of course - might be a slight flaw if you don’t have funds yourself. 

My cold sweat is more my old boss paying the wages just not bothering with the PAYE and VAT. 

The joy of a 200k debt that in theory I was joint and severally liable for.

Not helped when the Collector turned up at home and mentioned all this to my unknowing wife

Thankfully all that is way in the past. But the point is its ruddy stressful 

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We have been missing payroll for a year - and pre COVID. Personally I would send forensics into there and work out what the hell has happened. Why are we signing players if we can’t make payroll. Why were we bidding for players like zohore in the summer with no cash flow ?

sheffield Wednesday isn’t a complicated business to run.  Something isn’t right. 

Can't argue with any of that 

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

why would any player want to stay , or any player want to come , unless they were absolutely desperate ( hi Sam ).  

it’s time to face the music. Sell who we can this weekend, we owe it to the players , and to try and get the wage Bill to a level we can sustain . Hunker down with what we have, with the current coaches. 

Its not sustainable, but then when ever was the Championship. Wage to turnover ratios of 120% and the likes, chasing the dream to spend 100% of revenue in the EPL

If we need more cash in the club , as it seems we do , then surely DC needs to reverse the current ‘ policy ‘ of D taxis, chansiri shirt sponsorship etc. This was always excused as being a way to get mega bucks into the club on the sly , with the FL rules holding back spendageddon.  Now that has changed. We need cash and it seems the chairman is out of it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yep. Cant wait until after the Preston game.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned with this club, it can always get worse 

This^ I've been saying to myself last 2/3 years we've hit rock bottom it can't get worse. DC hold my beer 🍺 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If we need more cash in the club , as it seems we do , then surely DC needs to reverse the current ‘ policy ‘ of D taxis, chansiri shirt sponsorship etc. This was always excused as being a way to get mega bucks into the club on the sly , with the FL rules holding back spendageddon.  Now that has changed. We need cash and it seems the chairman is out of it.

The big worry is the £4.5m loan secured on the stadium. Due in September

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Can't get my head round this though.

If he didn't have the finance we thought he had, why not have a proper sponsorship policy in the first place. The same with all the empty executive boxes.

The whole plan is starting to smell funny.

Guest Grandad

Does the players wages issue mean we are now in a soft embargo? Meaning we can't sign anybody before transfer window shuts on Monday?

31 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Owe it to the players??

What about the fans ? 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Does the players wages issue mean we are now in a soft embargo? Meaning we can't sign anybody before transfer window shuts on Monday?

I’m convinced that’s the case. 

I wonder why Hutchinson signed, you’d imagine he already knew about the wages thing before signing on. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, bigdan2003 said:

I’m convinced that’s the case. 

I wonder why Hutchinson signed, you’d imagine he already knew about the wages thing before signing on. 

I'm guessing he doesn't need the money as he's coming to the end of a career he never thought he'd have

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Hopefully can roll that one. Not a big number. 

Which makes you wonder why he needed to borrow it

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We can’t pay this squad , nor , as you say , the season ticket holders.

we owe both.

sell whoever we can , pay who is left properly and refund the fans. 

I don’t necessarily mean pay the fans back , if we sell our assets then we are down , If administration is certain then it doesn’t matter who we sell .