BREAKING - Players not getting paid in full / properly AGAIN

Guest Grandad

At the moment we are the football equivalent of a schoolboy in an amusement arcade, spent all his holiday pocket money, now going around all the fruit machines checking for change in the win tray... 

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I don’t necessarily mean pay the fans back , if we sell our assets then we are down , If administration is certain then it doesn’t matter who we sell .

We can’t afford them. Per the story , some like Westwood , Rhodes and Lees aren’t being paid even 10 percent of what they are owed. They are being paid less than 2k a week.

we have to sell what we can .

40 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If we need more cash in the club , as it seems we do , then surely DC needs to reverse the current ‘ policy ‘ of D taxis, chansiri shirt sponsorship etc. This was always excused as being a way to get mega bucks into the club on the sly , with the FL rules holding back spendageddon.  Now that has changed. We need cash and it seems the chairman is out of it.

Which makes it even more baffling that we rejected an approach from Brentford for Bannan in n the summer by all accounts.

Not paying the players on time but still in the market for players and not selling anyone is strange to say the least.

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We can’t afford them. Per the story , some like Westwood , Rhodes and Lees aren’t being paid even 10 percent of what they are owed. They are being paid less than 2k a week.

we have to sell what we can .

Good luck with selling those 3 

I thought the players were getting paid late not at all 

That’s what the chairman said so it must be true 

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

At the moment we are the football equivalent of a schoolboy in an amusement arcade, spent all his holiday pocket money, now going around all the fruit machines checking for change in the win tray... 

Come on mate, own up, you've done it too. It's Obligatory. Did ir with the kids until one called me a scrubber. lol

• Haha 1

Not sure why anyone is surprised, lots of clubs are now struggling and it will only get worse.

I’m starting to think we will be lucky to survive all of this.

We would struggle to find new owners during ‘normal’ times, there is next to no chance over the next few years, even more so if we go down.

Oh and why would Hutch join us, the answer is probably no other offers.

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, marshy said:

Come on mate, own up, you've done it too. It's Obligatory. Did ir with the kids until one called me a scrubber. lol

I can just see him now, going up to his Dad "Please Dad, just another £10mill, I won't ask again I promise"

16 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Tried to do a bit of research to see if there was any correlation to the players not getting paid properly followed up by an horrendous performance . Turns out they’ve not been getting paid properly for 15 years . 

To be fair when it first got leaked to the press the players weren’t being paid on time. We were third in the league. It’s happened on multiple occasions since and now we’re 6 points of safety.

Some plummet don’t you think? 

10 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Not sure why anyone is surprised, lots of clubs are now struggling and it will only get worse.

I’m starting to think we will be lucky to survive all of this.

We would struggle to find new owners during ‘normal’ times, there is next to no chance over the next few years, even more so if we go down.

Oh and why would Hutch join us, the answer is probably no other offers.

What other clubs are struggling to pay players on time? I’ve only heard us and Derby. 

Who else is there? Genuine question. I keep hearing every club is struggling to pay players but no one ever provides examples other than us and Derby. That’s only 2 clubs out of the 92.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What other clubs are struggling to pay players on time? I’ve only heard us and Derby. 

Who else is there? Genuine question. I keep hearing every club is struggling to pay players but no one ever provides examples other than us and Derby. That’s only 2 clubs out of the 92.

Macclesfield?

Just now, Grandad said:

Macclesfield?

And they went under. With financial troubles before Covid I believe?

I keep being told every club is struggling due to Covid. I’m sure they are but nobody has pointed me to the articles, club statements, stories of other clubs not being paid on time. The only other example they provide is Derby.

Just find it strange. Considering everyone is struggling why have we only heard about Derby and Wednesday? 

If someone can prove me wrong I’ll stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not saying that they are all failing to pay players at the moment, just struggling.

I saw that the other week that the Cardiff owner had to wire 3m to keep the club going and they were applying for a 7m loan/grant.

Times are tough, 

And if your owners business are struggling then it will only get worse.

None of this is to say DC hasn’t been a big part of the troubles we are in, especially on the pitch.

And I think he is probably running out of cash.

I guess my only really point is I’m very pessimistic about our future at the moment.

48 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I still do that as an adult 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst this is obviously bad, we're not the only club suffering with this. Unfair to use this as criticism when Cardiff and Derby are in the same predicament. 

You'd think the players would be grateful considering they were paid in full when the season was off, rather than deferring their wages.

This is no excuse for not putting in a performance the other night.