BREAKING - Players not getting paid in full / properly AGAIN

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Personally I will always support Sheffield Wednesday over whoever the current chairman is and what they do to our club

It appears others have it the other way round

It's the ones who say I'm not going whilst he's in charge.  Support the club not the individuals.  Always think they are getting their excuse in first for not going.

Prefer it if people would say, I'm not going coz there crap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone excusing our players not getting paid AGAIN (been ongoing over a year now) is excusing the chairman and his actions, over and above and before supporting what is good for our football club

But they have been paid right?

I’m sorry but whilst it’s bad he is managing to honour the wages despite the most difficult year in living memory.  

• Like 1

We're starting to see people overlook anything bad that is happening at our club and starting to post excuses for Chansiri which I personally find disgusting.

I support the football club and what is good for the football club, not whoever the current chairman is and regardless of the damage they do

Club comes first in my eyes. 

Looks like others differ in their views and put the chairman first and post excuses for his meddling and damage

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We're starting to see people overlook anything bad that is happening at our club and starting to post excuses for Chansiri which I personally find disgusting.

I support the football club and what is good for the football club, not whoever the current chairman is and regardless of the damage they do

Club comes first in my eyes. 

Looks like others differ in their views and put the chairman first and post excuses for his meddling and damage

For a man who use to bang on about how wrong it was to see Wednesday fans attacking other wednesday fans, you seem to be doing a good job of it yourself to anyone who's opinion differs to yours 

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

maybe headline should read players paid in full despite club having no income. i can fault chansiri big time on many issues but not this one . 

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Time to end this thread, wages paid in full as DC said they would be. Of course, those wanting to savage the owner at every opportunity might choose to ignore this fact.

You 2 are brave lol

there are definitely people on here that are not going to like that sort of attitude 

I don't know when in the month the wages are paid, except if they are for January, then probably due on the 31st.  It was known sometime last week that payments up to 7k for the month had been paid, so I guess this was in advance of the scheduled date?

This thread started after banking hours on Friday 29th - the banks normally open at 0930 on a Monday and, by 1014, Dom had received some communication, and posted on here, that everyone's money had been paid in full.

Everyone should expect their salary to be paid in full and on time (whenever that is) in ideal times - but these are not ideal times.

As far as I know, every employee has been paid in full throughout this pandemic, big clubs (Tottenham for example) were not planning to do this.  So the UK government has been saved some money, therefore we  don't eventually have to pay as much tax.

There are plenty of faults we can all find at the moment within the club - no need to waste time trotting out 20 pages of claim and counter-claim on this topic.  I'm off now to see if I can be of help to a couple of vulnerable people. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crookesowl said:

I’m sorry but whilst it’s bad he is managing to honour the wages despite the most difficult year in living memory.  

Yeah, but he's loaded don't you know, Just not able to spend it and clearly not trying, even when it comes to something as mundane as players wages!

8 hours ago, crookesowl said:

And all the other signs of financial shortfalls that pre-date that are down to what then? Saving up for a pandemic?

4 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

For a man who use to bang on about how wrong it was to see Wednesday fans attacking other wednesday fans, you seem to be doing a good job of it yourself to anyone who's opinion differs to yours 

Just saying that if you side with this chairman over and above this football club then you're not a Wednesday fan

You're a cap doffing Chansiri fan

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just saying that if you side with this chairman over and above this football club then I personally find that abhorrent 

Deal with it 

Its not siding with the chairman. 

If he succeeds, then we succeed. If him finding a buyer means we succeed then I'm all for it. 

If he somehow pulls £10m out and invests and it benefits us, then again, I'm all for it.

I can't see that personally, but in the current climate, I don't see a queue of people lining up to buy football clubs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People should trot out this cliche more often

Don't think we've heard it enough

The only takeover I can note at the moment is the Sunderland one and that is still ongoing.

Derby is uncertain.

Wigan is uncertain.

Burnley were bought in November but they have PL revenue. 

What can we offer a prospective buyer? What return can they get for their money? 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

People should trot out this cliche more often

Don't think we've heard it enough

IMO, a very accurate statement re finances in the current climate unless you're an ostrich, as Nigel Pearson would put it.

You only have to look at the sums spent today in the transfer market window compared to past years to see that.